What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Capella Custard v1 or v2

walks

Achiever
I've had a quick look through the forum and can't find anything, so I'll ask here.

What is the difference between capella custard v1 and v2?

I've made a callicustard recipe that South Coast Vaper posted up in January (not sure if it is his most current recipe or not) and wanted to make a larger batch. I bought the v1 before, but only 10ml and don't have enough left to make a batch as big as I want so need to buy some more. Wanted to know how different they were before deciding which one to buy.

Also, does anyone know where I can buy larger bottles of these? Everywhere I've looked only seem to do 10ml bottles.

I've had a quick look through the forum and can't find anything, so I'll ask here.

What is the difference between capella custard v1 and v2?

I've made a callicustard recipe that South Coast Vaper posted up in January (not sure if it is his most current recipe or not) and wanted to make a larger batch. I bought the v1 before, but only 10ml and don't have enough left to make a batch as big as I want so need to buy some more. Wanted to know how different they were before deciding which one to buy.

Also, does anyone know where I can buy larger bottles of these? Everywhere I've looked only seem to do 10ml bottles.

Chefs Vapour offer sizes up to 100ml.
V2 doesn't contain Diacetyl where V1 does. So dependent on your view on vaping Diacetyl will influence your decision. Some say the V1 tastes better and some say V2.
The recipe is an older version 1 but still good.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Chefs Vapour offer sizes up to 100ml.
V2 doesn't contain Diacetyl where V1 does. So dependent on your view on vaping Diacetyl will influence your decision. Some say the V1 tastes better and some say V2.
The recipe is an older version 1 but still good.

Thanks Tom :thumbup:

Didn't notice bigger bottles on chefs vapour, I'll have another look.

EDIT: Just noticed the 30ml bottle. v1 out of stock so v2 it is then!

Last edited:
Thanks Tom :thumbup:

Didn't notice bigger bottles on chefs vapour, I'll have another look.

EDIT: Just noticed the 30ml bottle. v1 out of stock so v2 it is then!

No problem bud you can also buy 118 ml for around £22 I think.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that v1 contains diacetyl, it does, however, contain those two chemicals that can (possibly) bond to form diacetyl via vaporisation and heat. V2 does not contain those other 2 chemicals.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that v1 contains diacetyl, it does, however, contain those two chemicals that can (possibly) bond to form diacetyl via vaporisation and heat. V2 does not contain those other 2 chemicals.

Sounds right to me, think i read that and the v2 was out of stock so skipped on the v1.

I'm no mixer though.

Acetyl Propionyl + Acetoin are the 2 removed i think, don't know how they would have added back in the creamyness without those 2, so i'm somewhat sceptical.

You'll be perfectly safe with V1, any trace amounts of Diacetyl will still be far lower than you receive from smoking tobacco.

Think I mentioned this in another thread, but diacetyl really doesn't concern me. I smoked for long enough with no concerns about what was in those and what I could possibly get so it doesn't bother me.

Just wanted to know if there was much difference flavour wise.

Back
Top Bottom