What's new

CAP Sugar cookiev2 + CAP Glazed doughnut and some more fails? Need advice

For a slightly more convincing doughnut flavour, try a combination of FA Joy and FA Zeppola. CAP glazed doughnut has always had a kind of sickly, waxy kind of doughnut flavour for me and many others and isn't the concentrate of choice if trying to simulate the doughnut experience.

CAP CDS at 3% is like hitting someone over the head with a cinnamon stick. It will dominate your mix. If you want a hint of cinnamon, use a hint of the flavouring or a different cinnamon concentrate like Flavorah Cinnamon crunch.

Sorry to but in on this thread but what percentages do you find best with joy and zeppola? as have been trying(lots!) with cap donut and it’s always a bit ‘meh’

Isn't CAP Glazed Doughnut the one people get a playdough type taste from?

Sorry to but in on this thread but what percentages do you find best with joy and zeppola? as have been trying(lots!) with cap donut and it’s always a bit ‘meh’

I have used Zeppola at around 3% and Joy at no more than 1%. Seems to be to forward in the mix when used above these percentages.

The only advice I have is to get some Cap Sugar Cookie V1 and don't buy anything 'DX' unless it's peanut butter.

Ditch the sugar cookie V2 it’s crap. Replace it with 0.5% acetyl pyrazine.

Bump the donut to 4%
Drop the cin swirl to 1%

Give that a try [emoji16]

Edited to add - could perhaps try 3% INW shisha strawberry and 1% TFA sweet raspberry for a nice jammy filling.

I haven’t tried this above but sounds like it could be near what you’re after [emoji16]
This is like getting a private dinner recipe from Delia Smith [emoji23] I'm on it, thanks [emoji106]

Thanks very much,gives me something to work on[emoji106]

You may already know but, If you go here https://alltheflavors.com/ select FLAVOURS then type in the flavour you're interested in, it will give you some useful info about it, including the average percentage used in all the recipes posted on the website. Dead handy as a double check. :)

You may already know but, If you go here https://alltheflavors.com/ select FLAVOURS then type in the flavour you're interested in, it will give you some useful info about it, including the average percentage used in all the recipes posted on the website. Dead handy as a double check. :)

Thanks bud,that’s really helpful...added to my home screen [emoji106][emoji106]

@Cliffyboy1962 feel a right numpty for not using this before...a revelation lol! This has seriously aided my diy,mixing day methinks!

Back
Top Bottom