What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Can anyone recommend some beaker or measuring stuff

I'm about to start mixing myself, using scales, in 50ml bottles. I'm not using beakers though. Just mixing straight into the bottle using a small funnel.

I'm thinking I just need to zero the scale with the bottle and funnel on it, then add an ingredient, zero again then add the next ingredient, and so on.

Got all my mixing equipment from https://www.lucemill.com/

They seem to be building a very good cross section of mixing equipment specifically for diy mixing which they never used to stock (like bottles beakers funnels etc) as well as a good selection of known name concentrates.

Agree with @junglist...get yourself some scales...it is so much easier mixing by weight!

I'm about to start mixing myself, using scales, in 50ml bottles. I'm not using beakers though. Just mixing straight into the bottle using a small funnel.

I'm thinking I just need to zero the scale with the bottle and funnel on it, then add an ingredient, zero again then add the next ingredient, and so on.
How do you separately weigh the pg, vg and flavours when mixing to make it accurate into one bottle. Do you weigh it all 1 by 1 in one bottle and pour it into the main one?

How do you separately weigh the pg, vg and flavours when mixing to make it accurate into one bottle. Do you weigh it all 1 by 1 in one bottle and pour it into the main one?
Well. I haven't tried it yet (only got my scales yesterday) but the scales have a "TARE" function, which sets the scale to zero whatever is already on it.

So I'm thinking:

Put bottle and funnel in scale. TARE. So now the scale reads zero with bottle and funnel on it.

Add required weight of concentrate to bottle, then zero scale again.

If using more than 1 concentrate, repeat, zeroing scale between each ingredient.

That way, the scales will only be measuring the ingredient you are adding at that time.

Zero again, then add required weight of nic concentrate.

Zero again, then add required weight of PG if required.

Zero again then add required weight of VG.

Put lid on bottle, then shake vigorously and leave to steep if required.

Yup, tare is your friend :) I have a sheet with the ingredients on and tick each off as I do it if it is a long recipe as I am a forgetful chunt :D

Got some scales so looks like I'm all ready to start mixing seems like going to be easier than what I thought before looking into it cheers apes

I have various syringes and also use a borex measuring cylinder. It recently broke so I had to order a new one. A couple of quid from ebay, they are a bargain but the only problem is they are shipping from China, so there is a wait involved. Ones from u.k. are much more expensive.

I find it perfect for diy mixing. Syringe flavours into the bottle, measure premixed unflavored nic liquid in the cylinder then add and shake.

Just search ebay "measuring cylinder glass"

Last edited:
Sorry but I don't see the point in using beakers especially when only mixing 50ml, there's nothing to gain but a load of washing up. Just put a 50 or 60ml bottle on the scales tare then weigh your ingredients taring each time you change ingredients job done leaving you with a bottle of juice no mess. All you need to do now is shake the hell out of it or to save your arm use what I use the Norpro mini mixer

Sorry but I don't see the point in using beakers especially when only mixing 50ml, there's nothing to gain but a load of washing up. Just put a 50 or 60ml bottle on the scales tare then weigh your ingredients taring each time you change ingredients job done leaving you with a bottle of juice no mess. All you need to do now is shake the hell out of it or to save your arm use what I use the Norpro mini mixer
Exactly. The only minor downside is you have to leave a little airspace for effective shaking. A small price to pay to avoid all the faffing with beakers.

Back
Top Bottom