What's new

Burnt Taste

ChemicalBurnVictim really knows his stuff about tobacco concentrates and mixes, can take pretty much anything he says as being true

Ok, apparently you could try

Inawera Dirty neutral base (ash)
FA Back fire (smoke)

0.5% in your fav tobaccos.

Thanks, @Simon G, DNB and Black Fire (not Back fire, I couldn't find that anywhere) have been a revelation. I've decided to continue my quest to come up with something that tastes a little bit like Drum for those moments when I'm tempted back to the dark side.

207bc3838fb38d658eeb7fc8f0908aea--pipe-drums.jpg

There’s also TFA dark tobacco base and FA oakwood. Those are two that I use sometimes in tobacco blends.

Thanks, @Simon G, DNB and Black Fire (not Back fire, I couldn't find that anywhere) have been a revelation. I've decided to continue my quest to come up with something that tastes a little bit like Drum for those moments when I'm tempted back to the dark side.

ah that's awesome .... yeah Black Fire ... sorry typo.

I might have to pick these up myself.

I'm playing with Capella 'Bold Burly' and TPA 'Western' at the moment ..... which are both really good, especially the bold burly, which I think might work well in a Drum mix, it's quite light but has something of the 'gold drum' about it.

The oakwood is an unusual one, there’s a slight hint of smokiness but it mainly adds dept, a bit of a woody flavour and increases throat hit slightly. With the dk tobacco base at about 1/2% each for me it’s a nice background for any tobacco.

207bc3838fb38d658eeb7fc8f0908aea--pipe-drums.jpg
I made a NET out of a pouch of Drum someone gave me. Has that spicyness of drum, no real smokeyness though.

FA Black Fire is the go to for smoke

Have you tried NET’s, @Gus the Guerrilla ? They can be quite smoky and dark, especially ones from fire cured leaves. I have some from best cig liquid that are really good, but way too strong for me and Inneed to mix at 1-2% (I think they suggest 10!)

Have you tried NET’s, @Gus the Guerrilla ? They can be quite smoky and dark, especially ones from fire cured leaves. I have some from best cig liquid that are really good, but way too strong for me and Inneed to mix at 1-2% (I think they suggest 10!)

Aren't they a bit expensive though? I've been toying with the idea of steeping a pouch of duty free in a jar of PG for a couple of months and seeing what that tastes like (would that even work?) but I want something a bit more immediate. And cheap. And tasty. Like I said, I've been enjoying lots of flavours but sometimes I get an itch that I just can't scratch.

I made a NET out of a pouch of Drum someone gave me. Has that spicyness of drum, no real smokeyness though.

FA Black Fire is the go to for smoke

How did you do it? Did it take long?

Last edited:
I've got Inawera Black Jack and FA Burley on the go at the moment and they are nice, but no cigar. Pun intended.

Back
Top Bottom