What's new

Bottles for DIY Liquids

I mix in 100ml brown glass bottles and decant into 30ml plastic for using.
My 30ml bottles are all pre tpd so the caps come off easy.

It takes a steady hand to pour from the glass to the plastic slow enough that you do not spill or or go too fast and get an air lock in the neck of the plastic bottle.
I found it got easy with practice but now seems to be getting harder again. Perhaps I need a new system, but for now It is a good indicator of my age related decline and the extra focus and concentration required is probably good mental exercise.

I use this sort of screw on lid with a wide mouthed bottle. Easy to mix into. The nozzle is a bit big though, if you have tanks with tiny juice holes its a bit tricky, but luckily I don't.

8-5-twist-top-plastic-closure-polypropylene-cap_05.jpg

I'm a fan of LDPE bottles. I don't like the PET ones so much as they get crinckly after a few uses. I tend not to have juice sitting around in them long enough for the material to make much of a difference but if I did, I doubt there would be anything noticeable after a month or two. They do need a really thorough (I mean USC thorough) clean if you want to use them again though and some residual odour is inevitable in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom