What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Blending same-flavour concentrates.

I've been doing this a long time with cream, strawberry and tobacco, and recently added nuts, vanilla, tropical fruits and toffee types to the list.
Yes, it's you and a few others who have inspired this thread. I've been messing with FA guava, mango, passion fruit and white peach. Both mango and guava lead really well, with passion fruit second in line and just a smidge of peach to add brightness. Works nicely in a lot of combinations and works really well with TFA Energy drink.

I've been messing with FA guava, mango, passion fruit and white peach. Both mango and guava lead really well, with passion fruit second in line and just a smidge of peach to add brightness. Works nicely in a lot of combinations and works really well with TFA Energy drink.
Now you're off-topic on your own thread. Guava, mango, passion fruit and peach aren't the same flavour. ;)

Now you're off-topic on your own thread. Guava, mango, passion fruit and peach aren't the same flavour. ;)
What you gonna do about it? Just try and stop me. OP prerogative. :27:

Jungle Flavor mango is either terrible, or needs to be used much more sparingly than FA's, which is powerful at 4%. It tastes like a mango that is perfectly ripe but will be beyond ripe tomorrow, which is really nice, but it has a somewhat unpleasant chemically aftertaste. Will try at 1-2% to see if it can deliver the lovely flavour without the bitterness.
TFA mango is poor and weak and shit. FA mango is very nice indeed.

Jeez ... some of this sounds like leftovers getting chucked into a curry!

Yes David, it's all experimental. There simply isn't enough time or money to properly research it so it's all a bit slapdash, with only my vanilla, cream and toffee mixes turning out really well.

I like your idea of adding small amounts of different flavours, this is something I usually do for the final mix but is worth trying at an earlier stage.

I think layering your dominant flavour is always a good idea regardless of the flavour theres no point trying to come up with a sweet mango if all your using is a sour one,
so a combo of both will always be a winner.
as for strawberrys they all tail off but I have a firm favourite and if I was to make a concentrate of them it would be tfa straw ripe/ strawberry 3% each inw strawberry shisha 3% tfa dragon fruit 1%.
if I had some jf strawberry sweet id knock it down to 2% and add that too but keep the ripe at 3%.
so straw ripe3% strawberry2% straw shisha2% straw sweet2% drag fruit1%
I haven't tried this but I can see this as the best way to get that lush strawberry from diy.
vape it quick before it steeps out lol.

It's not just me then, i have tried a few versions that were ok but nothing special.At present i have just mixed up strawberries and cream(FW),sweet strawberry (CAP),strawberry (FA),cotton candy (FA),whipped cream (FW) and sweet cream (CAP).It is ok but only been 5 days.Mixed up today strawberry (FA),sweet cream (CAP) and sweetner (FA).In the past i have tried vanilla bean icecream,French vanilla,Bavarian cream.I just can't seem to nail a good one.I know our tastes are all different but nothing blows my socks off.At vape jam last year i tried one called strawberry queen which i really liked until i found out the price,if i could replicate it that would be great,but it is proving very difficult.My brother and workmates are loving my experimenting as they have the cast offs.I have contemplated using fresh strawberries,in my head it would work but in practise probably not,has anyone tried.What about leaving strawberries in PG,along the lines of NET,i know they are completely different and i am not sure how tobacco flavour is extracted,i would give it a shot i have tried so many versions and not really getting anywhere.

On the subject of strawberries I have never came across one that tasted like a fresh strawberry? Then again I sometimes struggle to taste one in a mix unless it is layered.
My preference is Caps Sweet Strawberry, inawera Shisha Strawberry and TFA Strawberry ripe.
Usually my mix is 10% Sweet Strawberry, 5% Shisha Strawberry and 8% Strawberry Ripe.
I know some will scoff at my percentages but it works for me?

Anyone tried alpine strawberry from real flavours getting a lot of love around the fb pages every time I look its out of stock at chefs so haven't tried it yet.

Back
Top Bottom