What's new

BLCC - Base Liquid Cost Calculator

I wanted to share this little tool that I made. It's a base liquid cost calculator for all you DIYers out there, especially if you order your VG/PG/nic bases & flavourings online. It will calculate your base cost for 10ml, 30ml, 50ml, 100ml and 1000ml and show you how much you need of each component in ml. An optional custom ml amount can also be calculated.

You can use this calculator to compare the final base price, for example if you order some of your bases from vendor A instead of vendor B (for faster delivery).

It currently supports €, £ and $. If conversion is needed it uses Yahoo Finance currency conversion API to give an estimate of the final price in your selected currency.

You can add up to 10 different flavourings/concentrates with price, shipping, currency, bottle size and dilute % for each. The cost of the flavourings will be calculated into the final prices.

Once the calculator has successfully calculated your prices, you can save the results as a PDF file to keep a library on your computer or to print out. Before saving you are able to name your bases and add additional notes about the recipe.

Without further ado: BLCC - Base Liquid Cost Calculator by Solkku

Comments and improvement/developing ideas greatly appreciated! :grin2:

3 things:

You left out flavouring.

I love the background pic.

What use is it?

3 things:

You left out flavouring.

I love the background pic.

What use is it?

Thanks for the comment. I left out the flavouring? Check the "Add flavourings" checkbox under the calculate button. ;)

What use is it? Well some people like to compare what it costs to make liquids yourself vs buing ready eLiquids from the shops.

Sorry guys, didn't know a calculator like this existed. I tried to find one when I started mixing my own juices, and when I didn't find one I decided to code my own. :banghead:

I have big plans for this calculator, since I've been bitten by the code bug. :D Future plans includes login, saving your bases and recipes (incl. prices). I might also make a flavouring review & comment system. I might even contact some of the biggest shops for pricing information and direct links to each flavouring. But I'm a one-man-band with a day job, so everything will come over time.

Hey its all good, a nice tidy page, I will use and well done

v1.5
- You can now name your recipe under "Target liquid". This is optional and will only matter if you choose to save it to PDF after calculating.
- If entered, recipe name will be displayed in the upper right corner of the PDF.
- If entered, the saved PDF will reflect the recipe name in the filename, format: Recipename-BLCC-yyyy-mm-dd.pdf
- Flavouring dilute percentage will now show in the PDF, before the flavouring name.
- Fixed Firefox bug where you couldn't enter any amount into the form.

v1.5
- You can now name your recipe under "Target liquid". This is optional and will only matter if you choose to save it to PDF after calculating.
- If entered, recipe name will be displayed in the upper right corner of the PDF.
- If entered, the saved PDF will reflect the recipe name in the filename, format: Recipename-BLCC-yyyy-mm-dd.pdf
- Flavouring dilute percentage will now show in the PDF, before the flavouring name.
- Fixed Firefox bug where you couldn't enter any amount into the form.

Been using this and really helpful. Many thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Holy Thread resurection ! Nice calc, will come in proper handy :) Only thing for me is, I cannot find the save function??

Back
Top Bottom