What's new

Bitter PG...?

Ok, I'd best get in touch with Lubrisolve then about this bitter PG... It's sort of a tad sweet but then leaves a bitter aftertaste, so this is not right?

Yeh, I see what you mean there, I'd like to get to that stage!

Cheers @StrawberryRipple...

Almost forgot my original question though...

Does PG taste bitter?

Just trying to pin down what the problem is... (hopefully it's me).

I vaped just PG, just VG, and then PG/VG and nic together and it all tasted pretty plain, maybe a sweet kind of flavour from the VG but nothing really sticking out when I vaped PG/VG and nic separately or together... definitely not peppery.

Problem is I'll do a standalone mix of, say, Inawera Biscuit (@3%) and I'm not getting any biscuit flavour... Surely I should get something tasting remotely of biscuit...? Or does it really take a long steep to bring out the flavour?

I suppose I'm dubious of how steeping can miraculously change the flavour of a juice when my Custard King still tastes a bit crap after 5+ weeks...

Thanks for any help.
OK, I've just tried dipping my finger in neat PG - I got a slightly warming effect to the tongue along with a Bittersweet flavour that reminds me of some cough medicine or other (Possibly Benylin) so in answer to your question - Most likely yes...

Yeah every pg iv used is bitter in comparison to vg for sure. Its normal. Dont forget to shake shake shake your mixes. I shake mine as they steep for weeks, about twice a week. If you use bottles, very hard to see with plastic, you will see the liquids not quite blended, sort of a faint swirly look to them when held up to sunlight in the background. As time and shakes go on it gets less. If you poured or squeezed a juice out without shaking during the steeping process or even after it could come out as too much of one thing or the other and taste crap. Some concentrates too actually are notorious for separating and require a lot of shaking. I have found INW chocolate a pain for that and have even seen it seperate in the actual tank after its sat over night!

Back
Top Bottom