What's new

Beta damascenone

I assume you looked on reddit?

and a blurb on another thread that isn't worth linking

Beta Damascenone

Beta Damascenone is one of the rose ketones and is considered to be the marker for quality rose oil, even though it is present in extremely small quantities. For whatever reason, the human nose is very sensitive to this smell and very little is needed to detect it. Interestingly, it is found in beer, and is responsible for some of the floral notes in red wine (especially merlot.) In addition to its floral nature, beta damascenone is also associated with the smell of baked apples. It is not present in fresh apples, only baked.

Other descriptors:

honey

plum

tobacco

black currant

Closely related to the damascenenones (and damascones) are the ionones; in fact, they’re all part of the rose ketone group. Ionones are present in almost every type of perfume, and are almost always described as woody with strong violet accents. Both alpha and beta ionones have been identified in cured tobacco leaf.

I suspect it might be in a lot of concentrates, after reading a bit about it. Seems it can be useful for a lot of types of flavours.

Aw ffs! I just added 3% tuscan reserve and 20 drops of little space drop to what I thought was the tester of inw dark tobacco I’d mixed up, only to realise I’ve added it to this one! :’(

Here’s what they say about this red for pipe I’m puffing at the minute.

Are these molecules in many other concentrates? Are inawera just feeling obliged to let us know? I know FA don’t declare any ingredients despite publishing all the lab test reports for their concentrates...

I’m starting to wonder if flavours are worth the bother. I might start exclusively puffing flavourless liquid.

“WARNING.
Causes serious eye irritation.
Contains cytronellol, geraniol. May produce an allergic reaction.
Keep out of reach of children.
Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention.”

Here’s what they say about this red for pipe I’m puffing at the minute.

Are these molecules in many other concentrates? Are inawera just feeling obliged to let us know? I know FA don’t declare any ingredients despite publishing all the lab test reports for their concentrates...

I’m starting to wonder if flavours are worth the bother. I might start exclusively puffing flavourless liquid.

“WARNING.
Causes serious eye irritation.
Contains cytronellol, geraniol. May produce an allergic reaction.
Keep out of reach of children.
Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention.”
You would probably get a worse warning if you requested coshh data for council pop.

I'd even suspect there are more worrying nasties in the air we breathe.

I think the chemical you're refering to is the colouring pigment found in carrots.

Is citronellal not what’s in mosquito spray?

Dunno.....never vaped it......to the best of my knowledge.....but agree it's nae right man.
I recently emailed a very well known brand asking if there was a certain flavouring ingredient present in there concentrate...this I had to know for allergy reasons....fair to say swift response.
But in this day and age, these things should be listed.

Back
Top Bottom