What's new

Best way to test flavour %

Frogprince

Achiever
The guide to flavourings here on POTV suggests 1-10% for loranns licorice concentrate. Thats quite a big range to find best %.

What would be the best way to test at different %.

I was thinking of 10ml each of 5% and 10%, then i could combine equal amounts of both for 7.5% and the 5% combined with equal amount of 0% to get 2.5%.

Or just 10% first and then equal amount 0% to get both 10 and 5%.

Would like to make 10% then add 0% to get various % but gah the maths of how much 0% to add for say 2,4,6,8%

I go low with anything I mix I'm not sure of and always keep 100ml of flavourless juice mixed up at the 2 ratios I use incase I go too high.

Is there any calc that works out final flavour % if adding unflavoured to liquid?

I'd probably just try 5% first, you'll quickly be able to tell if it's close or nowhere near where you want it.

I only do 10ml testers with new stuff so I just
Is there any calc that works out final flavour % if adding unflavoured to liquid?
None I used would work as the end result is going to get the same ratio and strength so I just use it as a guide.

I use this as a rough guide https://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavors/warnlist?q=(LA)&sort=name&direction=asc&page=1
Just search for your flavour and it will give you the percentage for single or as a recipe.
upload_2020-8-19_15-52-59.png

Looking to make in batches of 200ml every 6 weeks or so using 2 250ml bottles so ill have 200 ml steeping and 200ml in use if I can get the % right

Back
Top Bottom