What's new

Best custard concentrate?

Having in recent months been mixing with Inawera Custard and also using FA Custard Premium it seems that I prefer Cap v1, maybe I'm just used to the taste of cap v1 after so many years, something missing from the other two imo. Inawera custard is supposed to be a quicker steep - couple of weeks or so, instead of months, haven't found that to be the case. Bit annoying because I'm well stocked with the Inawera and FA custard but only one 30ml bottle of cap v1.

@andi52 th FA premium custard I find needs additions like vanilla, cream and if you have it condensed milk. But when you get the mix right, it’s very very good.

@andi52 th FA premium custard I find needs additions like vanilla, cream and if you have it condensed milk. But when you get the mix right, it’s very very good.

I agree thanks, I've been using tfa vanilla swirl, at 2%, I'd be interested to hear what you use and the %. Now have Cap french vanilla, perhaps that would go well with it.

Ahh Condensed milk, of the FA variety, one drop for every 10ml of liquid? I even mixed some up at 10% with pg and used that as a concentrate, strong stuff, that milk, and of limited use so far, but I've been lazy and not trying too hard. I'm testing tpa malted milk, another weird one but at low doses can be good.

I agree thanks, I've been using tfa vanilla swirl, at 2%, I'd be interested to hear what you use and the %. Now have Cap french vanilla, perhaps that would go well with it.

I liked it at 2:1 with the regular FA custard. I would add bourbon vanilla, either vienna cream or fresh cream and atmos labs black vanilla at 1% each. I have some of the vanilla swirl but not too keen on it, I found t had an off taste. I think it’s probably just me as I know it’s a popular one. The last while it’s just been the two custards as a base to blend with some kind of tobacco.

The condensed milk is a strange one, eh? I’ve not used it in a while and I suspect the 1 drop in 10ml would be too much for me now. maybe 1 drop in 20ml. Usually caramel would also feature in the mix. I also liked it with FA ry4. I’ll need to mix up a batch of straight custard, it’s been ages.

Back
Top Bottom