What's new

Best cherry concentrate

mattyk2010

Veteran
Well the better half has asked if I can make her a cherry juice but every cherry I've ever tried ( juice and concentrate) all I taste is chemical tasting burnt plastic so I have no clue where to begin so any recommendations on a good cherry concentrate or mixture of multiple if needed

Thanks in advance [emoji4]

Cherry in Liquor from Inawera is oddly the most authentic Cherry I've tried. Though I do like anything with an alcohol note!

As you say, tried loads of different ones before the Liquor, none really cut it for me.

Try flavourarts black cherry with a bit of TFA strawberry ripe, that twang that comes with the strawberry ripe helps to make the cherry taste legit. I don’t remember the percentage I used but I’ve done this in the past with good results :)

Cherry in Liquor from Inawera is oddly the most authentic Cherry I've tried. Though I do like anything with an alcohol note!

As you say, tried loads of different ones before the Liquor, none really cut it for me.
Thanks mate but she's anti alcohol so if it's got even a tiny note of it she won't entertain it
Cherry fantasy from chefs I find very nice
Thanks mate but she's looking for a strait up single flavour cherry and not a one shot type with other flavours
Try flavourarts black cherry with a bit of TFA strawberry ripe, that twang that comes with the strawberry ripe helps to make the cherry taste legit. I don’t remember the percentage I used but I’ve done this in the past with good results :)
Thanks mate it's a amazing starting point even if you don't know percentages [emoji4] I'll grab the black cherry and I've got ripe so I'll have a play and let her be the judge, it's just a hard one without been able to taste it myself [emoji16]

Thanks mate but she's anti alcohol so if it's got even a tiny note of it she won't entertain itThanks mate but she's looking for a strait up single flavour cherry and not a one shot type with other flavoursThanks mate it's a amazing starting point even if you don't know percentages [emoji4] I'll grab the black cherry and I've got ripe so I'll have a play and let her be the judge, it's just a hard one without been able to taste it myself [emoji16]

No worries, I just had a quick scan through my spreadsheet and it’s the only cherry flavour I have that I describe as “non medical tasting” haha. I do definitely remember adding strawberry ripe to it though.

I might be miles off but for standalone, I’d make a start at 5 or 6% cherry and 1.5% strawberry ripe. I seem to remember it being pretty weak for FA. Although granted, these notes are aimed at making commercial juice where you’re dealing with customers that can’t taste shit or use smok tanks. So everything has to be mega strong! Could probably get away with a lot less.

I’d be interested to know how you get on!

No worries, I just had a quick scan through my spreadsheet and it’s the only cherry flavour I have that I describe as “non medical tasting” haha. I do definitely remember adding strawberry ripe to it though.

I might be miles off but for standalone, I’d make a start at 5 or 6% cherry and 1.5% strawberry ripe. I seem to remember it being pretty weak for FA. Although granted, these notes are aimed at making commercial juice where you’re dealing with customers that can’t taste shit or use smok tanks. So everything has to be mega strong! Could probably get away with a lot less.

I’d be interested to know how you get on!
I'll give that a go to start cheers mate [emoji4] and if you have it as the only non medical tasting maybe I might be able to taste this one or be sick again like all the others [emoji23] guess I'll have to try now anyway [emoji16] and I'll keep you updated mate but she's a right fussy bastard so I could end up making it perfect and she still wouldn't like it [emoji23]

I'll give that a go to start cheers mate [emoji4] and if you have it as the only non medical tasting maybe I might be able to taste this one or be sick again like all the others [emoji23] guess I'll have to try now anyway [emoji16] and I'll keep you updated mate but she's a right fussy bastard so I could end up making it perfect and she still wouldn't like it [emoji23]

Yeah my wife is like that too! Bloody women mate!

I think my favourite cherry has to be FW cherry berry but it is a bit artificial tasting. Goes nice with a lemonade or something [emoji16]

Been waiting for this, only thing holding me back from a bakewell was not being able to find a decent cherry. A decent sweet raspberry should do the job of the strawberry ripe and I need that for the jam anyway. Thanks @Lee

I'm not much of a judge, because it's the only one I've ever tried. But I have the PicNic one from Jac Vapour. I remember it being pretty decent and natural tasting.

Back
Top Bottom