What's new

Best Banana concentrate?

Hi mate. The same as before. Going for a banana lolly type with marshmallow, one similar with TFA double choc clear. The marshmallow is FA. Will put some in with a Cap V2 vanilla custard and FA fresh cream as well. Oh yeah, and an RY4D, which I just tipped one of the polluted ones out. I will get a banana recipe happening eventually. :drool:
It's worth bearing in mind that marshmallow flavours are quite often just a slight flavour based on ethyl Malton, while they add a modicum of sweetness they can also dumb down flavours, taking away sharp and tangy notes.

For flavours like banana, things like this are best used in moderation or you lose the parts of the flavour that make it taste right.

Also, ccw are just rebottlers, their banana cream is likely to either just be tpa or someone like solubarome. It's not a flavour I've tried playing with so can't say for sure.

If you are struggling with banana flavours, make a compound. It's what I do almost every time.

Find the flavour notes and traits you like in each flavour and use at fractions of percents against others until you find you get the ripeness, just a little of the pith, a tough of sweetness etc but it gets rid of the peel.

Thanks for that advice. I never knew that about Marshmallow.
I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks for that advice. I never knew that about Marshmallow.
I'll keep that in mind.
No worries, we tend to use EM in very small amounts where we have flavours that have prominent sharpness that needs knocking back slightly. It's also good for taking flavours into a compound to take away individual traits and make them seem more blended for the same reason.

It kind of smushes them together.

Marshmallow as a flavour is usually just this with a hint of vanilla from what I've tasted, the trouble is I might use 0.4% EM in a flavour but that's mixed from crystals into a 10% solution. It's very weak and controllable that way.

Back
Top Bottom