What's new

Best Banana concentrate?

Tazz

Legend
Ok, my last effort at Banana has been full of issues.
Short story, after much enquiries it appears I got a dodgy batch of FA Bano. Next order will be replaced but I dont want to waste my time on the off chance I get another bottle of weak dodgy Bano. Given it was dodgy, for safety reason's, I've poured it and the mixes down the sink.
So what is the best out there?
@Mr Numpty ? Or anyone else?

Hi mate. The same as before. Going for a banana lolly type with marshmallow, one similar with TFA double choc clear. The marshmallow is FA. Will put some in with a Cap V2 vanilla custard and FA fresh cream as well. Oh yeah, and an RY4D, which I just tipped one of the polluted ones out. I will get a banana recipe happening eventually. :drool:

I think it was @Ment who once said that he gave up on a lengthy quest to make a decent banana juice as he couldn't find a decent concentrate.
I find FA banana to be a perfect representation of banana. If you like the taste of bananas with the skin on that is. It's so annoying, like they absolutely nailed the chemical composition of bananas in a lab, but some jerk forgot to peel it first.
Unfortunately, all other banana concentrates I've tried suffer with the same problem. They all work quite well if used at no more than 1.5% and in combination with other powerful flavours. They seem to hold their ground, never dominated, whatever the combination and seem to benefit from heavy doses of sweet additives also.
TFA Ripe Banana also suffers from "jerk who left the peel on" syndrome, but less than FA's effort certainly and is my favourite of those I've tried and quite nice up to 1.5% if treated as above.
Good luck. :D

Of course that's just my very amateur findings and opinions. It's not like I'm a good mixer or anything, so don't go thinking you're getting useful advice from someone who knows what they're talking about. I look forward to learning how you get on with your own experiments.

Ok mate, I'm hearing that. The people I got it from said it didn't sound right the issues I was having with it. I'll wait for their come back as they said they'd look into it. They too said that having to go so high didn't sound right. A bit of patience needed now by me. Who knows, they may have by mistake put an already mixed banana in to, by mistake, a bottle of concentrate. I had it happen once with a Whiskey. Stupid ignorant bananas. ;) damn it, something in my eye again!

I think it was @Ment who once said that he gave up on a lengthy quest to make a decent banana juice as he couldn't find a decent concentrate.
I find FA banana to be a perfect representation of banana. If you like the taste of bananas with the skin on that is. It's so annoying, like they absolutely nailed the chemical composition of bananas in a lab, but some jerk forgot to peel it first.
Unfortunately, all other banana concentrates I've tried suffer with the same problem. They all work quite well if used at no more than 1.5% and in combination with other powerful flavours. They seem to hold their ground, never dominated, whatever the combination and seem to benefit from heavy doses of sweet additives also.
TFA Ripe Banana also suffers from "jerk who left the peel on" syndrome, but less than FA's effort certainly and is my favourite of those I've tried and quite nice up to 1.5% if treated as above.
Good luck. :D

My issue is that I don't like banana as a vape. Someone once told me, and I've no idea if it's true, that there are only 2 banana flavourings in the world and every banana flavoured product contains one of those, that's why I gave up.

I'm sure many flavourings have been adapted and are very authentic, but the only one I can vaguely enjoy is TFA Banana Cream, which is very artificial tasting.

My issue is that I don't like banana as a vape. Someone once told me, and I've no idea if it's true, that there are only 2 banana flavourings in the world and every banana flavoured product contains one of those, that's why I gave up.

I'm sure many flavourings have been adapted and are very authentic, but the only one I can vaguely enjoy is TFA Banana Cream, which is very artificial tasting.
CCW banana cream is very authentic.

Back
Top Bottom