What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Base Flavours - what are your essentials

mazola

Initiate
Hi all

Just starting at all this mixing lark, went mad last weekend and bought about 20 flavours from chefs flavours, based on what I think I would like (cakey type stuff)

Just discovered the e-liquid calculator web site, and noticed a lot of recipes have Bavarian Creme, which I didn't buy but I'm now regretting.

What flavours does everyone here think are essentials to have, ie ones that will crop up in a lot of other peoples recipes.

It's worth going through a few recipes you fancy making then buying the right ingredients for those - although I'll be honest, I bought 10 flavours I liked before consulting a single recipe!!!
Things like Menthol, Koolada are useful to have if you like that style of flavour.

Cap vanilla custard v1
Cap NY cheesecake
TPA vanilla bean ice cream
TPA cheesecake Grantham crust
TPA Bavarian cream
TPA vanilla custard

Madagascan vanilla
Capella custard
Strawberry
Strawberry & cream
Banana
Graham cracker
Butter cream
Vanilla bean ice cream
Russian tobac

I make sure i never run out of,

Cap vanilla custard (v1)
Dulce de leche
Bavarian cream
Sweet cream
Graham cracker

Everything else is just playing about, as long as I've got those around it can't go far wrong..

It's worth going through a few recipes you fancy making then buying the right ingredients for those.

This. From bitter experience I can tell you that it'll save you a fortune. Once you've made a lot of tried and tested recipes and discovered what their various elements bring to a mix, you'll start to gain an understanding of what works and be in a better position to create your own recipes.

My essential would be Flavourart cream fresh. I personally don't like oversweetened eliquids. This adds a creaminess but no sweetness. I tend to bung it in most of my mixes.

Cap v1
Bavarian cream
Butter cream
Strawberry
Menthol crystals (pretty much a 'try to save the disaster')
Blueberry
Selection of one shots for ease and lazyness

Really difficult to say because I like such a variety of flavours, im not one to stick to a certain flavour profile. But if I had to list some staples they would include Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Marshmallow, Bavarian Cream, Meringue because i often use them in bases and to round things off.

+1 for following some recipes to learn before diving in randomly buying concentrates.

Back
Top Bottom