What's new

are one shot concentrates worth it?

johnnyx76

Postman
I recently read a post over at ELR from a mixer who thought they were over priced and full of sucralose.

http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t...concentrates-hitting-the-market-lately/104544

I've only been mixing since the TPD and apart from 1 barely successful skittles recipe, ive always used one shots and thought them to be really cheap and only diyordie's rose milk and a bakers dozen lemon drizzle cake gunked up my coils, the others have all been extra kind on my coils compered to most store bought juices and ive had 30 + nearly all from chefs flavours.

So unless my maths is off (quite likely lol) Im getting 10 ml of 4mg 70/30 juice for about 60p

now as I said before, I've only used one shots as mixing from scratch sounds like it'll take quite a bit of trial and error (and a lot of waste) for me to get good at it so my question is is there much to be gained from mixing from scratch as apposed to using one shots?

One shots are cheap enough, so the only reasons to mix from scratch are if you can't find anything you like, but mainly for the love.

If you're not treating vaping as a hobby, or you just don't have time to fiddle around, then there's nothing wrong with one shots.

it is a hobby for me but I decided to start DIY'ing to save money so its more the thought of wasting concs while finding out what goes with what to get anything decent and even following a recipe, there'd still be a few ml of this and that left over.
do you just follow a recipe or do you create your own flavours?

it is a hobby for me but I decided to start DIY'ing to save money so its more the thought of wasting concs while finding out what goes with what to get anything decent and even following a recipe, there'd still be a few ml of this and that left over.
do you just follow a recipe or do you create your own flavours?

A bit of both.

These days, you can keep the wastage down by following recipes to start with, and there are thousands out there.

Avoid unusual flavours in the beginning and make up small batches - if you don't like a mix the individual flavours can be used in something else so won't be wasted.

You need at least 50 flavours for a proper portfolio so build them up gradually.

Hey,

I just started mixing again after a long break and really enjoying using one-shots, overall i arrive to where i want to be quicker and with less experimentation now. I find one shots to be a bit more expensive than traditional DIY, but the price difference in negligible.

DIY flavours gives more freedom to play around with the desired end result, but the process of discovery is long and tedious if you're creating something new for yourself or trying to mimic the flavour profile of an already existing juice.

IMO oneshots are best suited for people who want to DIY but don't want to fuck around with a tonne of different flavouring and go through lots of trial an error.

I rarely use more than three flavours and quite often only one or two. A lot of flavour concentrates are one shots. In fact any, of you like the flavour on it’s own.

I use one shots and from scratch, if there's a juice you like and a one shot is available then it's a no brainer but obviously you have to find recipes / one shots you think you will like.

+1 for one shots. Less messing about than full DIY and almost as cheap :2thumbsup:

switched to mainly one shots from fully mixing.

not really that much more expensive than buying single concentrates depending on where you buy from, you're taking 50p at most difference for a 50ml mixed batch.

less wastage, less concentrates hanging around, no need to keep an eye on what you have to mix your all day vapes.

if you're anything like me then the novelty factor of real mixing will quickly wear off.

bottle of home mixed pre mxed PG / VG / Nic and a one shot and you'll have a bottle mixed in 30 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom