What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Any alternative to Ethyl maltol to stop Gunked up coils ?

Ok so buy Capella Vanilla Custard & Dulce de Leche, dont mix them, just let them steep for a month ? now steeping what would you advice best way to steep, thanks.

Do some research and see what the optimal ratio is for the flavours. Mix a batch of each at 50/50 with your desired nic strength. You’ll then have two bottles of liquid, one of each flavour, already steeped. You can then mix the two single flavour liquids together and see how they work as a blend at different ratios.

Thanks I might try with caramel, I have used normal Dulce de Leche by Flavor apprentice, is that the same as TPA ? [TPA stands for ?]
The Flavours Apprentice
TFA
The Perfumers Apprentice
TPA
Perfumers Apprentice
Yes all the same bud.

TPA DDL over 2% tastes like arse mixed with soggy cardboard to me, but I have a mate who loves it at 3.5% in a custard I make him. Point being that there's no accounting for taste, in the sense that everybody tastes things differently, and is of course subjective...so I'm told. So you might like it at 4%. I'd suggest mixing up a bunch of little bottles at various percentages, steeping, and then find out what you like.
Less isn't always more, but Capella VC1 is definitely better from 8% and under (to me, as well as it being a general consensus amongst DIY'ers).
I have a sweet tooth and like adding sweetener in small amounts, and the sugar daddy stuff already mentioned is very good and hardly gunks at all.
Good luck!

Nice avatar, but it got me wondering about the 27 in your name.

If it was your age you woudln't know they were, if you born in 27 you wouldn't know who you were.

A wild guess would be how many years before Spurs win the Premiership, so what is it?
Hahaha,it’s just my lucky number,I wish I was still 27 though,that was many moons ago. I’m glad you like my avatar,that should be an indication that I’m knocking on a bit now lol,yours is great and very festive.

TPA DDL over 2% tastes like arse mixed with soggy cardboard to me, but I have a mate who loves it at 3.5% in a custard I make him. Point being that there's no accounting for taste, in the sense that everybody tastes things differently, and is of course subjective...so I'm told. So you might like it at 4%. I'd suggest mixing up a bunch of little bottles at various percentages, steeping, and then find out what you like.
Less isn't always more, but Capella VC1 is definitely better from 8% and under (to me, as well as it being a general consensus amongst DIY'ers).
I have a sweet tooth and like adding sweetener in small amounts, and the sugar daddy stuff already mentioned is very good and hardly gunks at all.
Good luck!
I totally agree with you about the taste of Dulce de Leche tasting like soggy cardboard at higher percentages,I ruined a couple of mixes with that flavour when I first started diy and followed someone else’s dodgy recipes. I often add a drop or two of sweetener to my juice but I avoid EM because it can mute flavours plus many flavours already contain it with strawberry being the biggest culprit and probably why it fades quickly. I like to steep my ejuice at least 5 days for fruits etc and months for custards and heavy creams. I just shake the hell out it when mixed and then place the bottle in a dark,cool cupboard out of the way giving it a shake every now and then or when I remember.

Good luck!
As an update I have halved what I was on before and ditched the sweetners, thanks to you chaps who helped me out and my juice now doesnt taste "ike arse mixed with soggy cardboard" !!! :grin2:

Back
Top Bottom