Innokin
What's new

Any alternative to Ethyl maltol to stop Gunked up coils ?

I’ve never used the dulce de leche, so cant really suggest a blend of them but I would suggest rethinking the recipe and starting with the custard at 5-10%. Too much concentrate can actually kill the flavour, like @Horrand says, less is more. There are a lot of recipes out there with far too much concentrate.

The Electronic Cigarette Company
Ok so would this be advised:-

Capella Vanilla Custard 8%
Dulce de Leche 4%

Stay with 50% PG / 50%VG or [40% PG / 60%VG] thanks guys, im really learning now !!!

Hi, My mix is:-
Capella Vanilla Custard 20%
Dulce de Leche 4%
Ethyl Maltol 1%

Should I cut down to 0.5% using Capella Super sweet ? or continue with just using the above without any sweetener, not tried without so not sure if it might not taste as good, Thanks.

Yeah with that you can probably get rid of the sweetener or do a wee batch with some in and a wee batch without to see what you prefer. I'd also drop the custard by at least 7% If not more.

With super sweet I tend to only use it in mixes where I want a candy like taste or if I want to sweeten a fruit mix. For candy I go between 0.3 an 0.5% and for fruits it's literally 1 or 2 drops per 10ml.

Vape Green

Dulce de Leche 4%

Stay with 50% PG / 50%VG or [40% PG / 60%VG] thanks guys, im really learning now !!!

I'm assuming tpa dulce de leche?

Like @zouzounaki I've never tried it myself. A quick look on alltheflavors.com and the median value is 2% so I'd try that. Personally I'd also drop the custard to 6% too and take it from there.

PG/VG ratio is a personal preference more than anything, and depends on what device you're using. I also like that custard with a month steep so if it was me I'd make a few variations to test which is the best.

Dulce de Leche 4%

So the vg pg ratio, pg carries flavour better, like you said above. But vg itself tastes a bit sweet. If your preference is 50/50, I’d stick with that. The suggestion to up the vg above was on the presumption you wanted to add sweetness.

Now, my suggestion would be this, and it’s how I often mix. @Horrand is right about the custard needing a steep. I would mix a batch of both flavours separately and let them sleep. After a month or so, blend the two single flavour mixes together at different ratios. That way it’s all already steeped, you just need to experiment to see how they blend. And from that you can work out the ratio that you think works.

Vape Club
Dulce de leche is i think french for sweet cream and if youre going to lower the custard you could also lower the dulce.
If you have access there is a TFA dulce de leche with added caramel and is much nicer in desert recipes.

Like @zouzounaki I've never tried it myself. A quick look on alltheflavors.com and the median value is 2% so I'd try that. Personally I'd also drop the custard to 6% too and take it from there.

PG/VG ratio is a personal preference more than anything, and depends on what device you're using. I also like that custard with a month steep so if it was me I'd make a few variations to test which is the best.

Hi its Flavour Apprentice Dulce de leche, is this ok ? Thanks.

AcmeFog

Hi mate, Dulce de Leche is Flavor apprentice [is that the same as TPA ?] and drop it down to 2%, thanks.

So the vg pg ratio, pg carries flavour better, like you said above. But vg itself tastes a bit sweet. If your preference is 50/50, I’d stick with that. The suggestion to up the vg above was on the presumption you wanted to add sweetness.

Now, my suggestion would be this, and it’s how I often mix. @Horrand is right about the custard needing a steep. I would mix a batch of both flavours separately and let them sleep. After a month or so, blend the two single flavour mixes together at different ratios. That way it’s all already steeped, you just need to experiment to see how they blend. And from that you can work out the ratio that you think works.

Ok so buy Capella Vanilla Custard & Dulce de Leche, dont mix them, just let them steep for a month ? now steeping what would you advice best way to steep, thanks.

Premier Ecigs
Dulce de leche is i think french for sweet cream and if youre going to lower the custard you could also lower the dulce.
If you have access there is a TFA dulce de leche with added caramel and is much nicer in desert recipes.

Thanks I might try with caramel, I have used normal Dulce de Leche by Flavor apprentice, is that the same as TPA ? [TPA stands for ?]

Back
Top Bottom