What's new

Any alternative to Ethyl maltol to stop Gunked up coils ?

apollo118

Postman
As title says, not sure if it is possible to get hold of a sweetener that doesn't gunk up coils, any ideas ? Thanks.

At small amounts the super sweet doesn't gunk too badly but then it's very strong so you don't need much. Does still gunk though as it's sucralose at a higher strength than other manufacturers sell.

I go for about 0.3-0.5% more towards 0.3% If a recipe needs it cause not all do. Any more and we're in gunk city imo.

Apparently there is a new sweetener called Sugar Daddy that is supposed to be coil friendly,Chefs sell it and I think I’ve seen it somewhere else too. I have read very good reviews in Facebook groups that Im in and they say it tastes like natural sugar. It comes in a few different varieties including vanilla. Hope this helps.

At small amounts the super sweet doesn't gunk too badly but then it's very strong so you don't need much. Does still gunk though as it's sucralose at a higher strength than other manufacturers sell.

I go for about 0.3-0.5% more towards 0.3% If a recipe needs it cause not all do. Any more and we're in gunk city imo.

Hi, My mix is:-
Capella Vanilla Custard 20%
Dulce de Leche 4%
Ethyl Maltol 1%

Should I cut down to 0.5% using Capella Super sweet ? or continue with just using the above without any sweetener, not tried without so not sure if it might not taste as good, Thanks.

Apparently there is a new sweetener called Sugar Daddy that is supposed to be coil friendly,Chefs sell it and I think I’ve seen it somewhere else too. I have read very good reviews in Facebook groups that Im in and they say it tastes like natural sugar. It comes in a few different varieties including vanilla. Hope this helps.
Thanks, I will look into that.

Hi, My mix is:-
Capella Vanilla Custard 20%
Dulce de Leche 4%
Ethyl Maltol 1%

Should I cut down to 0.5% using Capella Super sweet ? or continue with just using the above without any sweetener, not tried without so not sure if it might not taste as good, Thanks.
TBH I'd ditch the ethyl maltol all together in that mix it will be sweet enough as it is.
If you do notice a difference then up the vg ratio by a couple of percent.
As most of the sweetness in juice comes from vg anyway I'm surprised people use sweeteners at all.

Nice avatar, but it got me wondering about the 27 in your name.

If it was your age you woudln't know they were, if you born in 27 you wouldn't know who you were.

A wild guess would be how many years before Spurs win the Premiership, so what is it?

Back
Top Bottom