What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Another nic storage thread

Anthony-Hopkins-sir-anthony-hopkins-40768287-500-215.gif

I have been using nic that must be over 5 years in the freezer no problem.

My understanding is that storing at low temp drastically slows, but does not stop oxidation. However you can only get an amount of oxidation that is proportionate to the amount of oxygen that you have in your bottle. If your bottle is full to the brim then you will get very little oxidation.

If you are taking the bottle out and using it then you will have a lot of air in there and if it takes you years to finish the bottle then I imagine your nic might go off.

If you store your nic in bottles that hold 6 months supply or a year at most then I think you are unlikely to have a problem.

My freezer nic is all in full bottles and live in the fridge when they come out for use.

My thoughts on the guy's peppery nic are that either he did not store it properly, or he bought nic that was bad before he stored it.
Or it might just be one of these things you read on the net that are just not true.

I have been using nic that must be over 5 years in the freezer no problem.

My understanding is that storing at low temp drastically slows, but does not stop oxidation. However you can only get an amount of oxidation that is proportionate to the amount of oxygen that you have in your bottle. If your bottle is full to the brim then you will get very little oxidation.

If you are taking the bottle out and using it then you will have a lot of air in there and if it takes you years to finish the bottle then I imagine your nic might go off.

If you store your nic in bottles that hold 6 months supply or a year at most then I think you are unlikely to have a problem.

My freezer nic is all in full bottles and live in the fridge when they come out for use.

My thoughts on the guy's peppery nic are that either he did not store it properly, or he bought nic that was bad before he stored it.
Or it might just be one of these things you read on the net that are just not true.

Perfectly explained. I used dark amber bottles and filled them to the brim, that was the key, was, because I don't have much left :17: after almost 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom