What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Always an overpowering flavor. (Any advice?)

Various Reviews

Postman
So it seems like no matter what recipe I try, there is always just one certain flavor I taste and nothing else (for the most part). For instance, a recipe I just tried with 4% tfa orange cream, 2% tfa strawberry ripe, 1% tfa Bavarian cream, and 1% tfa vanilla bean ice cream. I let it steep for at least 3 weeks and all I taste is the strawberry. For most recipes I make this is the case. Any advice?

weird as strawberry is normally the first to fade, in that one given the others are all creams then if you want more orange perhaps add some more of that. if you just want the strawberry to fade a little you could try breathing it overnight and see if that clams it down, the creams should be robust enough to take it

WOW that is really strange, ripe is rather weak and I cant taste it under around 6%. Does thishappen with all strawberries or only Ripe?

it is strange how pallets differ, im super sensitive to FA fuji apple and FA billberry. if those are in a recipe at all, i cant taste anything else, those flavours overpower anything and everything regardless of percentage. I have gotten to the point where i avoid anything with those two flavourings.

It's a strange one right enough. Do you taste throughout the steep? I find that if I have a taste early and can only taste one thing then that colours what I can taste later on as well, as if I'm looking for that particular flavour.

I've got to a point where anything I mix is papped away for over a month until I can get around to it so by the time I get a taste it's all mixed in together and there's not so much of a dominant flavour there, other than the one I'm aiming to be dominant.

I also think creams should be steeped longer than most suggest. I always find that 6-8 weeks will really bring them out. I am aware that I'm in the minority here though, that's probably just my own sense of taste.

Alright no need to rub it in.
I love strawberry vaped but done them to the point I can't taste strawberry after a few hours.
Soak it up.

Maybe you have taste buds like me. Those 1%'s you use i wouldn't even to be able to perceive they were there let alone actually taste them! Some people do but with the TFA ones i have used in the past it took levels above 5% to get a taste, some 10% up to 15%. Not saying throw em all in at 10 to 15% but you may need to experiment with a few starting low going higher. Trial and error. I threw down the sink as much as i kept in the first few months of mixing. Try a batch with levels raised a couple of points, another raised again and another a bit more. Should only take several 10ml trial bottles to see where your personal taste level is at. Good luck with it.

My advice would be to use the recipes only as a starting point.

I would remix it a bunch of times .. with variations on taking the strong flavour back and upping the others .. at some point you will get the balance.

when you have it .. I would start in very small fractions of a % upping the bits you want to stand out most .. you will probably break it after while .. this is a good thing .. that the point you need to dial back a tad.

WOW that is really strange, ripe is rather weak and I cant taste it under around 6%. Does thishappen with all strawberries or only Ripe?

it is strange how pallets differ, im super sensitive to FA fuji apple and FA billberry. if those are in a recipe at all, i cant taste anything else, those flavours overpower anything and everything regardless of percentage. I have gotten to the point where i avoid anything with those two flavourings.

Well jeez I guess that must be it, I must have a super sensitive palate and on top of it, super sensitive to strawberry from tfa. I can't figure any other reason honestly because I don't even use pg either my ratios are usually 90/10, 95/5 or anything in between, use bvg nicotine and VG and the only of I use is from the flavors. Then again mayber that's why my flavors are muted over stronger flavs like the strawberries maybe if I did 1% strawberry and 4-7% everything else (rough estimate with some tweaking) and use some pg, it may better these recipes.

My advice would be to use the recipes only as a starting point.

I would remix it a bunch of times .. with variations on taking the strong flavour back and upping the others .. at some point you will get the balance.

when you have it .. I would start in very small fractions of a % upping the bits you want to stand out most .. you will probably break it after while .. this is a good thing .. that the point you need to dial back a tad.

By the way thank you for your input ZT long time no talk BTW! Lol

It's a strange one right enough. Do you taste throughout the steep? I find that if I have a taste early and can only taste one thing then that colours what I can taste later on as well, as if I'm looking for that particular flavour.

I've got to a point where anything I mix is papped away for over a month until I can get around to it so by the time I get a taste it's all mixed in together and there's not so much of a dominant flavour there, other than the one I'm aiming to be dominant.

I also think creams should be steeped longer than most suggest. I always find that 6-8 weeks will really bring them out. I am aware that I'm in the minority here though, that's probably just my own sense of taste.
Thank you for the advice my friend, so do you suggest steeping the creams even when its only a two flavour recipe as well?

Back
Top Bottom