What's new

All VG is the same, right?

scrumpox

Veteran
We all use it, so I'm interested to know about your attitude towards VG as a diluent.

In my mixing, VG will form 70-86% of a finished juice so by volume it's the most important ingredient to get right ... the taste of the neat VG must matter, after all, they don't all taste the same. Is all VG the same to you?
Provenance is another issue. Many palm oils are sourced from suppliers involved in the deforestation of natural habitats. Does it matter to you where your VG comes from ... do you know whether your VG is palm oil or some other vegetable extract?
Food grade or pharma grade? What do you buy and does that matter ... is it simply down to the cheapest price you can find?

Last edited:
I've bought both premium and cheapy cheapy and not noticed any difference and now tend to lean toward the cheapest supplier I can find.

I was not aware I was vaping away the rainforest though that's a new one to me :)

they don't all taste the same.
That's interesting. Wasn't aware of that, not that I've ever considered it. I have tended to think of VG as I might a generic Vs branded paracetamol - that they all shared the same chemical composition so just bought the cheapest.
Reading my bottle of Lubrisolve VG now I see it states it is derived from rapeseed and is palm-free. It is 99.8% pure and conforms to European Pharmacopoeia specifications. Don't know if that makes it pharma or food grade.
Would be happy to pay more for a better tasting or otherwise more highly recommended VG.

Interesting topic. I too had considered all vg within the same grade to be identical and had never given a thought to the taste - there are already too many variables involved in flavour - but if someone were to research this and recommend a type that gives superior flavour I would happily pay extra for it.

@scrumpox have really never looked at this before... what I have bought has all been pharma grade.. but I dont see why food grade should be an issue.. but surprisingly had never considered what plants are used to create it... if can avoid palm products in future I think will try to do so.. I guess I had figured may taste a but different from one supplier to another.. but so far all I have used have seemed ok to me... using relatively strong other flavours and high nic may have impacted on this... am sure otherwise more difference would be apparent.. apart from a slight sweetness mine havent really given much flavour... but if they did am sure that would be an issue... my choice of purchase has at times been down to convenience of supply.. i.e. I had everything else but was low on vg.. so bought from boots etc.. theirs is fine.. but no idea re provenance..will need more at some point and may want to see more about this at that point in time.. mine makes up less of any mix too in case that is relevant as I am higher nic.. and flavouring etc...

Given all of the above I wonder which is the cheapest bulk supplier of superior flavour forest friendly VG?

Back
Top Bottom