What's new

adapting recipes

ObiWanVaponi

Staff member
HI guys, I'm just starting mixing recipes I've found on the interwebs with varying success.

Is there a simple rule of thumb to adapt a recipe for differring PG/VG content, and different nic levels?

For example this recipe is for 30/70 and 1mg nic-

Blackcurrant (TPA) 8%
Lemon (INAWERA) 1.5%
Pomegranate (TPA) 9%

is there a simple tweak, or add a touch of sweetener or something to balance it up a bit for a 50/50 mix with 12mg nic?

Also, if some kind soul could point me to some 72% nic it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

With 18mg nic shots you will need 50.4ml
You could make the recipie if you used vg nic shots @50% then add flavourings @19.5% then pg 30.5%

cheers @StrawberryRipple That was just a random example, but running it through the calc shows the problem.
Could you explain how you worked out those numbers please, I'm crap at this sort of thing (usually I just find a different recipe but I'd like to know how to do it)

cheers @StrawberryRipple That was just a random example, but running it through the calc shows the problem.
Could you explain how you worked out those numbers please, I'm crap at this sort of thing (usually I just find a different recipe but I'd like to know how to do it)
This may help but there are better calculators out there but it will give you the basics.
Unfortunately due to the low nic strengths were bound by now getting high nic juices in home made gets a lot more complicated.

https://makemyvape.co.uk/index.php?route=information/calc

fair enough. Pretty harsh on recent ex-smokers all round then. I've found I still need the high nic hit to get through the day without reverting back to rollies but I am determined. guess i'll have to wean myself down to 6mg or so.
Cheers for the advice guys.

fair enough. Pretty harsh on recent ex-smokers all round then. I've found I still need the high nic hit to get through the day without reverting back to rollies but I am determined. guess i'll have to wean myself down to 6mg or so.
Have a search through google you can still find it if you look hard enough.
Ive got stock in the freezer and not bought ant since the rules changes so cant advise where to get it but google will throw up some hits.

cheers. I did actually get some from the bay of E before I signed up here and read about the new laws, so I'm not sure how legit it is. smells and tastes fine though so hopefully I got lucky. I've seen plenty of places on google, but being new to vaping I still wouldn't know whether they are trustworthy or not, or even if its any better than the bottle I've got. Its in a glass bottle at least! :18:

Hi, I smoked 40-50 a day, started off at roughly 18-24 mg then over a period of time come down to 3 mg.

Back
Top Bottom