What's new

Adapting a Boss Shot?

@cheltenham cat The recommended steep time was, IIRC, 4 - 8 weeks. Maybe after the full 8 weeks I will be pleasantly surprised but I doubt it.

Looking at the flavouring percentages on the product page I'll make a few 10ml samples with different tweaks, probably strawberry, cucumber, dragonfruit and maybe adding a little EM.

Concentrate Brand Percentage
Anise FA 0.8%
Arctic Winter (Menthol) FA 0.1%
Cucumber FA 0.4%
Lemon Sicily FA 1.1%
Lime Tahity Distilled FA 0.6%
Mandarin FA 1.9%
Orange FA 0.2%
Red Touch (Strawberry) FA 0.3%
Spearmint FA 0.5%

So did you go ahead and mix the whole 500ml? I usually mix a 10ml of a juice before commiting to a big batch.

Stopped buying boss shots and that type "clone" premixed now for the very same reason got fed up with adding something even after long steeps in those big bottles because something was missing or being verey harsh to that I was getting when using same recipes with own concentrates in smaller batches.

Dont know why that should be but as regards the ready mixed 30mils similar sometimes but never the same my lllt tasted very different and ended up giving it away fed up with adding more lemon to get it right or making others vapable which meant buying concentrates anyway .
Only in my opinion but cant beat mixing 10mils first with a new recipe I know everyones taste buds are different but some premixed recipes I have tasted are well over hyped and seem to differ a lot so cant beat Darkstar with the big money off 30mils of TFA flavours and then you can tailor them to suit and for less money overall plus you get to tinker

To be fair I do usually mix smaller amounts of a One Shot before committing to the full batch. In this case I thought 'Sod it'.

@cheltenham cat The recommended steep time was, IIRC, 4 - 8 weeks. Maybe after the full 8 weeks I will be pleasantly surprised but I doubt it.

Looking at the flavouring percentages on the product page I'll make a few 10ml samples with different tweaks, probably strawberry, cucumber, dragonfruit and maybe adding a little EM.

Anise FA 0.8%
Cucumber FA 0.4%
Lemon Sicily FA 1.1%
Mandarin FA 1.9%
Orange FA 0.2%
Spearmint FA 0.5%
def 6 months this is from their facebook page
www.facebook.com/notes/flavour-boss-18/steeping-times-guideline-only/1801673026749237

From what I've heard some like it after 6 - 12 weeks but it is supposed to be 6 months.
I found that harsh juices benefit from a little breathing but no more than a few hours.

Anise FA 0.8%
Cucumber FA 0.4%
Lemon Sicily FA 1.1%
Mandarin FA 1.9%
Orange FA 0.2%
Spearmint FA 0.5%
Is this their recipe for the Snake Oil you're referring to? Can't see why that would require 4-8 weeks never mind 6 months myself. Looks pretty much shake and vape, or 3-4 days at most. Odd.

Looking on ELR, I see that the recipe above was posted on Sept 2015, has only 2 ratings and no comments. Can't quite understand why they decided to use that one when this one is much more highly rated there and has many very positive comments. Maybe you could use it to adapt the Boss shots one a bit.
Snake oil.JPG

Back
Top Bottom