What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Adapting a Boss Shot?

razz1979

Postman
Namely Snake Oil.

I used to quite enjoy premixed Snake Oil, even from the cheaper end of the scale (Zombie Juice) so thought I'd give Flavour Boss a go. Why not at £10 for 500ml.

Mixed on 28th January at 6mg, 70/30vg/pg.

Problem is that I now have roughly 496ml of pretty harsh juice that whilst not unvapable, isn't particularly enjoyable.

Any recommendations for something to add to the mix to help dial it back a bit?

Namely Snake Oil.

I used to quite enjoy premixed Snake Oil, even from the cheaper end of the scale (Zombie Juice) so thought I'd give Flavour Boss a go. Why not at £10 for 500ml.

Mixed on 28th January at 6mg, 70/30vg/pg.

Problem is that I now have roughly 496ml of pretty harsh juice that whilst not unvapable, isn't particularly enjoyable.

Any recommendations for something to add to the mix to help dial it back a bit?
So did you go ahead and mix the whole 500ml? I usually mix a 10ml of a juice before commiting to a big batch.

im having the same problem all i seem to taste is cucumber mint i was thinking of sweetener and menthol to make it vapeable

Stopped buying boss shots and that type "clone" premixed now for the very same reason got fed up with adding something even after long steeps in those big bottles because something was missing or being verey harsh to that I was getting when using same recipes with own concentrates in smaller batches.

Dont know why that should be but as regards the ready mixed 30mils similar sometimes but never the same my lllt tasted very different and ended up giving it away fed up with adding more lemon to get it right or making others vapable which meant buying concentrates anyway .
Only in my opinion but cant beat mixing 10mils first with a new recipe I know everyones taste buds are different but some premixed recipes I have tasted are well over hyped and seem to differ a lot so cant beat Darkstar with the big money off 30mils of TFA flavours and then you can tailor them to suit and for less money overall plus you get to tinker

When you're mixing 10ml samples is it more accurate to use syringes or scales? I haven't started my mixing adventure yet, but with VG being so thick, how do you get an accurate amount into such a small quantity?

When you're mixing 10ml samples is it more accurate to use syringes or scales? I haven't started my mixing adventure yet, but with VG being so thick, how do you get an accurate amount into such a small quantity?

I actually use both syringes and scales when mixing small amounts, I dont use the scale on the syringe though, with mixing 10ml you will always get discrepancies compared to larger quantities ;)

isnt the steep time like 6 months? Also dont think it was ever meant to be an accurate clone of tmax. My experience of bottle shots both FB and DS has been pretty good tbh(mixed 3 and sampled several others) however looking at facebook some of them are coming out 'Harsh' which when youre then sitting on 100s of mls is far from ideal..... i guess research is the answer. OP could try selling it on UK Homebrew should get £30 ish for it

Back
Top Bottom