What's new

A steeping question

zouzounaki

Olympian
So I posted a photo in another thread where somebody was asking about salt nic. I’ve noticed that steeping is affected in a big way by the salt nic. The liquid actually barely seems to develop at all. I’ll post the photo here in a minute.

Has anybody got much experience of mixing mic free liquid and steeping it?

Because this phenomenon got me wondering. I’ve always noticed that nic has a big influence on steeping. The stronger the nic, the faster the colour changes and flavours develop.

What I’m wondering is whether, 0mg liquid steeps the same as nic liquid, but just takes longer? Or whether it doesn’t really develop at all (as I’m finding with the salt)?

The possibilities are; that flavours develop because of the presence of nic (the freebase variety), or,

that they develop in any liquid ( nic or 0) but that there is something about the salt box that actually retards development.

Or, does anybody have he opposite experience with salt, that it steeps just the same? I’ve now used 2 different brands and had the same result with it. Barely any colour change or development of flavours over time.

Tell me what you think.

Nicotine is often the least chemically stable element in eliquid. Many flavours contain no organic matter and vg and pg are very stable so it's the breakdown of nicotine that is mostly responsible for steeping.

Nic salts are a lot more stable than normal nic so take longer to break down.

Back
Top Bottom