What's new

A mixing game I enjoy.

Mr Numpty

Veteran
This thread is the result of recent talk on the forum about "cloning" juices. I have been guilty of saying words to the effect of "I'm attempting a clone of ..." previously and I realise now, in an careless manner. I have never attempted to "clone" a juice and highly doubt I have the skill to do so. My true intent lies in the game to which I refer.

What I should have said, and the truth of the matter, is that I love to have 3-5 puffs of a bought juice (someone else's or during a very rare visit to a vape shop, I don't buy juice, sorry) and if I like it, I try to guess what's in it in just those few puffs, then attempt to make a juice that captures its essence.
If I loved the juice I would try to make it as close as I can, but generally speaking, the juice will have elements that don't suit me; too cold or sweet or fizzy etc, so I then try to make a similar juice with those elements balanced to my own tastes.

Anyway, the fun of it for me is that I play the game based solely on those few puffs and don't have the juice on an ongoing basis to compare my own efforts against.

Apologies for confused ramble, I think I'm just apologising for careless use of language and asking if anyone else plays this game.

I think that's why 'clone' is a bad word to use ... because 'clone' by definition means exactly the same, like Dolly the sheep... an identical copy that you are unable to tell the difference between that and the original. ... actually it's not even 'unable to tell the difference' a true 'clone' would not have a difference.

Unless it is exactly the same flavours from the same brands and mixed in exactly the same ratios it's not a clone. ... it could be a bad copy or an improvement on the original but it's not a clone in the real sense of the word.

we use it wrongly all the time with tanks .... which clone is better SXK or SMJY? ... if they were clones it wouldn't be a question because a clone would be identical ... so they would both be identical to each other and neither would be better.

Sorry this is all a bit away from your point but I think in truth most people aren't trying to clone liquids, I think we all just use the word in a lazy manner. If you enjoy mixing then I think most people wouldn't be satisfied cloning liquids anyway, they would be tweaking them and trying to change or improve them anyway. It's like being a painter and just copying other people's work, there's no satisfaction there for a real artist.

Sorry this is all a bit away from your point but I think in truth most people aren't trying to clone liquids, I think we all just use the word in a lazy manner.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

If you enjoy mixing then I think most people wouldn't be satisfied cloning liquids anyway, they would be tweaking them and trying to change or improve them anyway. It's like being a painter and just copying other people's work, there's no satisfaction there for a real artist.
Again, exactly.

that's not to say there aren't people who just want to get hold of the recipe so they just just copy it and sell it on facebook to make some money, but I don't feel that's what most people on forums like this are into. ... if anything it feels like people are just looking for ideas on how their favourite liquids are constructed so they have some kind of jump off point.

I'll admit I would love to know some of my favourite Manabush recipes, not so I can copy them but so I can understand what it is in the recipes that makes me like them so much. ... and equally some liquids that I cannot stand so I could figure out what it is in those liquids that I don't like.

I don't think that unless you have created the liquid yourself you have any right to publish the recipe on a public forum (or wherever) though and in that regard I think the forums rules about clone liquids is correct.

Nah, dont know anyone who vapes. Not many even seen in the wild where I am. Last vaper I saw was 2 mths ago. All I can do is think of what I might like and attempt to make it hoping it tastes ok. Many failures, tipping about 100 mil down the drain today to be precise. :(

Back
Top Bottom