What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

85/15 Help

It depends on what you're trying to achieve. What ratio do you want? I'm still a bit confused I'm sorry I don't understand what you're trying to do because if you have a flavor shot wouldnt that be a one time use? Or are you trying to do a certain ratio? It also depends what your nicotine is? VG.pg. or both. So let me know what you're trying to achieve and I'll help you out

I have a litre of 85/15, I’m attempting to make that into smaller flavoured quantities, in order to do that I need to know how much nicotine and how much flavour concentrate, I’m not particularly concerned what ratio it ends up being. The calculators do not allow you to put in a pre determined ratio

APPARently the nic shot is max vg and the flavour is pg based, I’m just trying to mix a few up see how I get on

What @Various Reviews said - need to know what you are trying to achieve. If you have an 85/15 pre-mix and 18mg nic shots then I would do something like the following.

Heisenberg should be mixed at between 10 and 20% - so try a small batch at about 15% and see how you get on with it and then alter it from there. The flavouring is all PG and the nic could be either - it might say on the bottle but you said it doesn't matter what ratio you end up with so not too much of an issue.

Easiest way to mix 18mg to 3mg is to think that you need to dilute it in a ratio of 5 non-nic containing juice to 1 part nic at 18mg - you then end up with 6 lots of the quantity so 18 divided by 6 is three. So for ease of use a 10ml 18mg nic shot needs to be mixed with 50ml of non-nic liquid including your flavouring.

15% of 60ml is 9ml - so you need 9ml of Heisenberg. Whack in 41ml of your base mix and then stick in your nic shot. I can't be arsed to work out what the final PG / VG ratio as it is making my head hurt :D

Long-term get PG and VG separately and get some scales and beakers - mix by weight and then you can chop and change PG / VG ratio as you like. Different ratios will work better in different set ups and the PG / VG ratio will also affect the flavour too.

But as a rough idea go with the above, 9ml concentrate, 10ml nic shot, 41ml base mix. Whack that in a 60ml bottle and give it a shake and you are good to go!

*Just saw you clarified the nic is VG but that doesn't make too much difference.

What @Various Reviews said - need to know what you are trying to achieve. If you have an 85/15 pre-mix and 18mg nic shots then I would do something like the following.

Heisenberg should be mixed at between 10 and 20% - so try a small batch at about 15% and see how you get on with it and then alter it from there. The flavouring is all PG and the nic could be either - it might say on the bottle but you said it doesn't matter what ratio you end up with so not too much of an issue.

Easiest way to mix 18mg to 3mg is to think that you need to dilute it in a ratio of 5 non-nic containing juice to 1 part nic at 18mg - you then end up with 6 lots of the quantity so 18 divided by 6 is three. So for ease of use a 10ml 18mg nic shot needs to be mixed with 50ml of non-nic liquid including your flavouring.

15% of 60ml is 9ml - so you need 9ml of Heisenberg. Whack in 41ml of your base mix and then stick in your nic shot. I can't be arsed to work out what the final PG / VG ratio as it is making my head hurt :D

Long-term get PG and VG separately and get some scales and beakers - mix by weight and then you can chop and change PG / VG ratio as you like. Different ratios will work better in different set ups and the PG / VG ratio will also affect the flavour too.

But as a rough idea go with the above, 9ml concentrate, 10ml nic shot, 41ml base mix. Whack that in a 60ml bottle and give it a shake and you are good to go!

*Just saw you clarified the nic is VG but that doesn't make too much difference.
Little bit disappointed you couldn’t be arsed to work out the final ratio if I’m honest ha ha

On a serious note that’s a great help, I’m aware it’s going to be easier buying separate moving forward, I’ve got a litre of that to get through first, I will probably just apply your formula till I’ve got through it, really appreciate your assistance, cheers buddy

Junglist pretty much summed it up. Thank you my friend I appreciate you! Yea Phil from what you're saying you want its not really a necessity to be precise with your calculations. If you have any questions on how to calculate certain things with odd amounts of VG pg bases, just let me know, I'm quite well at that because I had that issue a while back and had to figure it out lol

Junglist pretty much summed it up. Thank you my friend I appreciate you! Yea Phil from what you're saying you want its not really a necessity to be precise with your calculations. If you have any questions on how to calculate certain things with odd amounts of VG pg bases, just let me know, I'm quite well at that because I had that issue a while back and had to figure it out lol
CHEERS Pal appreciate the help

Back
Top Bottom