What's new

70/30 VG/PG Premixed...

D

deleteuser47111

OK. I have been given a large quantity of 70/30 VG/PG Premixed. I have not made my own juice before. I know using premix is less than ideal, but as it is free I'd be silly not to use it. My flavourings are PG. I figured that if I want to maintain a 70/30 ratio I could add some plain VG. Is there a way of calculating this as the online calculators don't allow for premix. I am not using nicotine.

Thanks.

If you want to keep a 70\30 ratio just add the same amount of vg as your pg flavour , no calculator needed

If you want to keep a 70\30 ratio just add the same amount of vg as your pg flavour , no calculator needed
That doesn't work. If you add the same amount of VG as PG you are putting 50/50 into 70/30, so it won't stay 70/30, the PG ratio will increase.

You need to add 7 parts VG to every 3 parts PG flavouring. That way you are adding 70/30 to 70/30, so it will remain 70/30.

This is why premix is bollocks if you want to keep it at the premixed ratio.

That doesn't work. If you add the same amount of VG as PG you are putting 50/50 into 70/30, so it won't stay 70/30, the PG ratio will increase.

You need to add 7 parts VG to every 3 parts PG flavouring. That way you are adding 70/30 to 70/30, so it will remain 70/30.

This is why premix is bollocks if you want to keep it at the premixed ratio.

Doh! Of course, what was I thinking .

Last edited:
Eventually it maybe possible to buy nic and concentrates In pre mixed ratios then pre mixed pg and vg won't sound like such a stupid idea.
ATM it's like inventing the rivet without the rivet gun.

Thanks for the replies. I got it figured out in the end. I am never using premix again, it is an utter pain in the arse. If I didn't get the stuff for free I wouldn't have bothered. I have made 200ml of juice for less than the price of a 10ml of the 88 Vape stuff from the corner shop. Lets hope it tastes good, I'll find out in a few days.

Would it matter a lot if the ratio wasn't exactly 70/30? I sometimes use 70/30 premix just cause it's less hassle. I add 2.5 or 5ml of 72mg mic to 3ml flavouring and 44 or 42ml of the premix, and I don't notice any difference.

Eventually it maybe possible to buy nic and concentrates In pre mixed ratios then pre mixed pg and vg won't sound like such a stupid idea.
ATM it's like inventing the rivet without the rivet gun.
my local BnM is working on the nic as we speak

Back
Top Bottom