What's new

50/50 ratio flavour limitations?

I've not mixed juice for ages as I overstocked on bottle shots but I have a ton of flavour concentrates to use up.

Pardon my ignorance but is there a reason why 50/50 juices are more limited in desert flavours before I go and waste my flavours?

I've ended up with a few 'too airy' pod style vapes so figured I would make my own lower 3mg nic 50/50 juices to use up as DTL.

Excuse my ignorance on this topic, I'm only going by premade juice options which seem to be very limited compared to 70/30 shortfills, for example I have some 25% flavour concentrates and 72mg PG Nic:
Lunar Lemon Tart
Cosmix Scones
Carmel Latte
(and many more including Flavour Arts apple pie 12%)

My theory is that desert flavours often have a creamy-ness and depth that benefits from the more textured vapour produced with higher VG content. That’s just my personal impression, it may well be complete bollocks :D

You could well be right - I'm left with tons of flavour concentrates I have no idea what works for 50/50 mixes.

Ordered some 100mg nic salts and they seem even more limited.

It looks like I'm going to have to go it alone and dabble

I chucked this recipe in eliquid calculator as a standalone:
https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/3212952?

Marked as private so no idea.
Just checked, it says:
The recipe has been marked private because it only uses a single flavor.

Nicotine juice 72 mg (100% VG)

PG dilutant
11.10 ml
37.00%

VG dilutant
13.75 ml
45.83%

Total base
26.1 ml
87%

Apple Pie (TPA)
3.90 ml
13.00%

Totals
30 ml
100%

Strength: 3 mg
PG/VG-ratio: 50/50
Flavor total: 3.9 ml / 3.9g (13%)
Drops per ml: 35
Price: 0.00
You can make this

Just checked, it says:
The recipe has been marked private because it only uses a single flavor.

Nicotine juice 72 mg (100% VG)

PG dilutant
11.10 ml
37.00%

VG dilutant
13.75 ml
45.83%

Total base
26.1 ml
87%

Apple Pie (TPA)
3.90 ml
13.00%

Totals
30 ml
100%

Strength: 3 mg
PG/VG-ratio: 50/50
Flavor total: 3.9 ml / 3.9g (13%)
Drops per ml: 35
Price: 0.00
You can make this
I remember many moons ago when i started vaping it was only tobacco's specifically imitation ciggy and rollie flavours by hangsen that i found available.
Lambert & Butler called rainbow etc .....
Then there were a few flavoured types popped up from the states and i swear they used 50% flavouring as even i found them far too strong.
By the time other flavours from T-Juice and the like came along i was settled on menthol and stayed there around 18 months before trying custard cake from ecovape and it converted me.
Not long after i dipped into dtl and the rest is history but in all this time I've learnt that there are as @Leni says some flavourings that just dont lend themselves to mtl very well.
Even though custard cake pre tpd was imo excellent I've not found an mtl desert juice or recipe that can compete with a dtl one ever since the custard cake.

Back
Top Bottom