What's new

12mg flavour concentrate

Slipperee

Initiate
Hi all, I am quite new to the d.i.y scene but feel I have grasped things fairly well using calculators etc. but I have now come across a problem that has stumped me.
I have been vaping for about 6 years and my favourite vape is "Pink Spot Honey Cured Tobacco" that you can no longer get anywhere in Europe since TPD and its prohibitively expensive to send to the states for, I have managed to source some 10ml bottles of flavour concentrate from "Pink Mule" that they recommend adding 10-15%> but my problem is that the flavouring is12mg. I like my vape at 16mg sometimes 18mg. How could I employ this concentrate to my mix using 72mg nic with an outcome of 16mg or 18mg is it even possible? any help would be appreciated.

Yes that's the one, now you see why I'm stumped, just when I thought I'd got the hang of it lol.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I would email them to get clarification on what exactly they are selling.

It says 12mg nic, but is that 12mg/ml of nic in the concentrate?

If so, then mixed at 10%, you would end up with a final mix at 1.2mg/ml nicotine. Or used at 15% it would end up at 1.8mg/ml.

Or if it was designed to be used at 10% and give a final mix of 12mg/ml nic, the concentrate would have to be at 120mg/ml nic which is illegal.

If it is, as I suspect, the first (stupid) option, then you can indeed make it up to 16mg using your 72mg/ml nic, but what on Earth possessed them to sell a flavour concentrate with nic in it in the first place I don't know.

Just an idea, you could make up the desired amount of juice using the calculator and put 4mg into the nicotine box, this would then give the amount of nic to use to bring it up to 16mg (12 + 4, if you wanted 18mg put 6 into the nicotine box 12 + 6). Might not be bang on, but won't be far off!!!!

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I would email them to get clarification on what exactly they are selling.

It says 12mg nic, but is that 12mg/ml of nic in the concentrate?

If so, then mixed at 10%, you would end up with a final mix at 1.2mg/ml nicotine. Or used at 15% it would end up at 1.8mg/ml.

Or if it was designed to be used at 10% and give a final mix of 12mg/ml nic, the concentrate would have to be at 120mg/ml nic which is illegal.

If it is, as I suspect, the first (stupid) option, then you can indeed make it up to 16mg using your 72mg/ml nic, but what on Earth possessed them to sell a flavour concentrate with nic in it in the first place I don't know.

Thanks for your thoughts, I'm glad it's not just me being dumb, it is quite confusing isn't it as I thought the same as you as far as the % added as it would be different depending on how much you added. Yes I will email them to get some clarification. Thanks again.

Just an idea, you could make up the desired amount of juice using the calculator and put 4mg into the nicotine box, this would then give the amount of nic to use to bring it up to 16mg (12 + 4, if you wanted 18mg put 6 into the nicotine box 12 + 6). Might not be bang on, but won't be far off!!!!

Yes you're right, thanks for that,but as speedfreek67 pointed out depending on whether I added 10% or 15% it would be a different outcome? i'll have to email them and get some sort of clarification.

I emailed them and got a very fast response, this is it.. (i guess i could give it a shot).

nik-profil.png

Nik (Pink Mule S.L)

7 Nov, 18:57 CET

Hello Brian :)
It is true that the nicotine level of the base gets a bit diluted by adding flavour/aroma.
That dilution is MUCH smaller when the flavour contains nicotine (in this case 12mg).
We have this e-base calculator that can help you:
http://www.todmuller.com/ejuice/ejuice.php
What you need to put into it (see the picture I have included)
1. The nicotine level of the base with nicotine you want to use for the mix
2. The nicotine level you want in the finished e-liquid.
3. How much finished e-liquid you want to make.
and
4. How many % of flavour you want to use.
-you can then see how much of each ingredient you need to add to get the 1000ml 16mg e-liquid.

The problem is that this only factor in you using a flavour with 0mg nicotine.
How to allow for a flavour with 12mg nicotine I must admit is beyond my mathematical skills...sorry :/
However if it was me I would mix up a base containing 18mg of nicotine, and then add the flavour with 12mg.
It is not a 100% precise method...but it will bring you very close to 16mg in the final e-liquid.

Best Regards

Nik

The first thing we need to know is what % flavouring you're going to use. From that, we can calculate how much 72mg nic you need to add.

Its a bit tricky,

Not sure if this is right and assuming you want 50/50 blend to finish.

make a base blend of 8.5ml of 16.7mg nic at 40/60 PG/VG then add 1.5m of concentrate to make:

10ml of 16mg 50/50 ( virtually ) at 15%
to make 18mg juice make the same base blend but to 19mg.

To make with 10% concentrate your base blend needs to be 9ml of 16.5mg nic at 45/55 PG VG and then add 1ml of concentrate to get :

10ml of 16mg 50/50 at 10%
to make 18mg juice make the same base blend but to 18.65mg.

You are going to be within 0.05mg of your nic targets and give or take 5% on your VG/PG target.

I think.......

Back
Top Bottom