What's new

0% flavour mix, Any thoughts or experiences?

The most interesting thing to me is that when I vape flavourless, you start to be able to tell where your VG came from based purely on the taste. Or at least I did.

I found that when I used to use Glycerine from Boots it always had a faint taste of coconut, which is what it's derived from (I emailed them to ask a long time ago), whereas Darkstar VG tastes of nothing except a faint sweetness.

To me this indicates that the Boots stuff has probably not been extracted as effectively and potentially still contains trace elements of whatever compound it is that makes coconuts taste like coconuts. Whereas the DarkStar VG is potentially 'purer' and of higher quality.

Ever since I noticed this I started buying my VG and PG from reputable vaping specific companies (DarkStar) rather than generic chemist glycerine.

Switching to base only eliquid also improves your flavor a bit.. I vape VG most of the time in my drippers and the most complex eliquid i vape these days is pineapple+peach. (and maybe some DIYOrDIE rose milk once a week) :D

Today I’ve gone back to an old staple, 1% fa caramel : 2% fa vienna cream. I’d not mixed this for a little while, have been using it as a base to add other layers, but by itself it’s fantastic. Subtle yet distinctive in flavour. I think i’ll work on sub 3% mixes, while keeping some 0 flavour liquid mixed as well.

Today I am vaping 1% fa saffron, 0.5% fa caramel. It tastes quite good straight out the bottle and is in a 24mg nice salt 50/50 liquid. It will probably improve a bit with time, as the saffron seems to do.

Reducing flavour and liquid consumption simultaneously. And a nice noticeable nicotine rush. Delicious with this cup of Turkish coffee.

Back
Top Bottom