What's new

Why are most of my mixes crap?

Serious question.. one or two of them taste great.. but that's after I've tipped the last 10 down the drain lol...

I mainly do one flavour mixes, so how can they not taste good? I don't understand it. Is it the % of the concentrate I'm using or not enough nicotine, too high VG or PG?
My usual mix involves somewhere around 50-70% PG to try and get the most flavour from it, then the VG for the remainder. In a 10ml bottle I'm adding 0.28ml which is 2mg of Darkstar 72mg strength Nicotine. I then add the flavour concentrate.. usually around 15%, unless it's Capella then it usually has a lower percentage. Sometimes I shake 'n' vape immediately to find that it's crap. Other times I steep it for a week and it's still crap. I used to blame it on the concentrates but seriously they can't all be bad.. it has to be me right? So what am I doing wrong.. please someone tell me cause I just can't figure it out :/

Try steeping for a month, yes i know its a while but someflavours take time to combine properly. Fruit flavours try 2 weeks, custards try 8 weeks. i have never done shake n vapes , its not a bottle of squash. Its 3 or more ingredients that need to combine. some flavours are stronger than others so maybe try some at 20% but its upto you but try steeping for a lot longer than you have done

I'm in awe of the guys that come up with these juices, even @ZT.

For instance, these are the ingredients for a Cosmic Fog Milk and Honey clone:

Peanut Butter
Graham Cracker
Marshmallow
Custard

Firstly: How the fuck?

Secondly: Who would think that putting those together would taste good, let alone like milk and honey?

Like the best chefs (not you @city461), it takes a genius to know what goes together to produce something special. For the rest of us, it's a steep learning curve.

My advice, for what its worth...

Ditch the concentrates that promise it all in one bottle, im not talking one shots, i mean something like "snickers" for example. 99% of them are shit.

Instead, either buy a one shot if you cant be arsed or start from scratch and work it out for yourself...

So a snickers...

Id be looking at -

Milk chocolate
Peanut
Caramel
Nougat

Test a drop of each on the tounge, this helps to judge how strong the flavouring your working with are.

From there you want to make some notes, make a few 5ml samples at different percentages and adjust from there.

Often, when you have it in your head exactly how you want the finished juice you will need to blend multiple flavours to acheive that, for me thats strawberry that fucks me over, none of them off the shelf taste how i imagine them to taste so i end up mixing 4 or 5 strawberries as a seperate concentrate and then using that with cream for example.

Often flavours you think wont work with others, do. For example dragonfruit, just a drop adds a real authentic taste to fruit mixes.

I could write a fucking book i swear [emoji23][emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom