What's new

Why are most of my mixes crap?

vaporiser

Postman
Serious question.. one or two of them taste great.. but that's after I've tipped the last 10 down the drain lol...

I mainly do one flavour mixes, so how can they not taste good? I don't understand it. Is it the % of the concentrate I'm using or not enough nicotine, too high VG or PG?
My usual mix involves somewhere around 50-70% PG to try and get the most flavour from it, then the VG for the remainder. In a 10ml bottle I'm adding 0.28ml which is 2mg of Darkstar 72mg strength Nicotine. I then add the flavour concentrate.. usually around 15%, unless it's Capella then it usually has a lower percentage. Sometimes I shake 'n' vape immediately to find that it's crap. Other times I steep it for a week and it's still crap. I used to blame it on the concentrates but seriously they can't all be bad.. it has to be me right? So what am I doing wrong.. please someone tell me cause I just can't figure it out :/

If you're using 1 concentrate per mix, and they're not oneshots then that is probably the problem. Most recipes include at least 3 or 4 concentrates.

I would say either look for some recipes to try or just get some oneshots for now, make up some good juice, and then start experimenting. [emoji106][emoji106]

Oh, it could be heavy pg. I used to use higher pg, but these days I generally stick to at least 60% Vg. Lower than that and I normally find the juice s bit harsh. ( that's me though, some folk prefer higher pg). [emoji2]

70% Pg seems really high, & leaving stuff for just 1 week seems really short steeping.

In my humble opinion may I suggest a 70% VG mix, & to leave the mix to steep for at least 2 weeks, then try again at a month.

Also what concentrates are you using??

Do you have a list of your concentrates?People may be able to point you in the right direction for a mix or two

I thought one concentrate is enough to make a simple mix.. I've been doing that most of this time to be honest lol.

This is my full list of concentrates...

Absinthe, Blue Raspberry, Brazilian Orange, Cookies N Cream, Reeces, Skittles & California Dreaming (Vanilla Milkshake) from Chef's Choice/Chef Vapours
Apricot, Cappucino, Caramel - from The Perfumer's Apprentice
Banana, Apple (Green Caramel) and Cream (Milky Undertone) - from One On One
Yellow Peach - from Capella
Rocky Road, Snickers, Spearmint - from Flavor West

Back
Top Bottom