What's new

Where to buy quality VG nicotine base concentrate in UK

I used make my vape and darkstar just vaped a 30ml bottle wiyh darkstar nic in and was fine for me on 3 nic but know what u mean by bad reviews. When i was looking it was from people that vape 6nic and above that said it has harsh but i always ask this has it been mixed right and did they shake it up enought befor use we could go on for ages i have 1 litter from darkstar in freezer now so i can say fine for me and if u need small bottles to put in i use naturellythinking.com they are cheep hope this helps and would order fast lol

I've ordered several times from Dark Star and not had a single issue. I would only question your preference for VG base, even after reading your explanation.
I buy nic concentrate in PG for these main reasons:-
1. it's a lot easier to work with when mixing being less viscous
2. it's consistent, the nic is thoroughly mixed in, something I see could be less consistent given the higher viscosity of VG
3. the anecdotal evidence of complaints about nic concentrate have a high percentage refering to VG base
4. of the two diluents, I'd want to use VG when it's freshest, not after 6-12 months when I would still happily use PG. When I consider long-term storage in a freezer I think PG woud survive that process better. No science behind this one, just my gut feeling.

When I DIY my juice, at 3mg/ml strength, I never add PG. I have PG in the nic and flavourings and so achieve between 70-90% VG in my final mixes depending on the recipe. Having 10-30% PG in a juice is fine for me and I'd get no significant difference if my nic was in VG. So unless you've got a major reason to avoid PG, and go to the extra restrictive length of buying ALL your flavourings in VG too in order to make 100% VG juices, I can't see any ADVANTAGE to buying nic in VG.

There's no way for vapers to determine the quality of nicotine concentrate other than by eye and by vaping it. When I first bought a large batch (2.5 litres) of nicotine from Blue Star I was nervous and got myself a nic testing kit. It doesn't test for quality, only that the strength is as advertised. So you know you've got 72mg/ml and not lower.
Having gone through nic from 3 suppliers now my experience is that Dark Star's is just fine, I have had no issues at all with it. It's clear in colour and without any peppery odour or taste. I've learned to trust what it says on the label.

I have seen complaints about Dark Star, mostly about the VG based nic, but they are not as many or as bad as those I've read about Darrant or Lucemill. I wouldn't personally put the 3 companies in the same bracket. If you have a bad feeling about Dark Star, that's fine, it's your money and your choice. Who else would you buy from and on what basis though? What makes you trust them more? Do you think it will be higher quality just because it's more expensive?

I've ordered several times from Dark Star and not had a single issue. I would only question your preference for VG base, even after reading your explanation.
I buy nic concentrate in PG for these main reasons:-
1. it's a lot easier to work with when mixing being less viscous
2. it's consistent, the nic is thoroughly mixed in, something I see could be less consistent given the higher viscosity of VG
3. the anecdotal evidence of complaints about nic concentrate have a high percentage refering to VG base
4. of the two diluents, I'd want to use VG when it's freshest, not after 6-12 months when I would still happily use PG. When I consider long-term storage in a freezer I think PG woud survive that process better. No science behind this one, just my gut feeling.

When I DIY my juice, at 3mg/ml strength, I never add PG. I have PG in the nic and flavourings and so achieve between 70-90% VG in my final mixes depending on the recipe. Having 10-30% PG in a juice is fine for me and I'd get no significant difference if my nic was in VG. So unless you've got a major reason to avoid PG, and go to the extra restrictive length of buying ALL your flavourings in VG too in order to make 100% VG juices, I can't see any ADVANTAGE to buying nic in VG.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Is bang on and why I have 10+ litres of PG nic in the freezer [emoji4]

I have 500ml of VG nic from ds it's fine, and will be using it first, I have just ordered 500ml of Pg nic to put in the freezer as well because I too have heard it has a longer shelf life, also even having 50ml in the fridge of VG nic I can see when I get the other VG nic out the freezer it is probably gunna be like glue

Last edited:
Lucemill wholesale/supply to at least 250 retail outlets....there is a good chance you have already vaped their nic/pg/vg;)

There's no way for vapers to determine the quality of nicotine concentrate other than by eye and by vaping it. When I first bought a large batch (2.5 litres) of nicotine from Blue Star I was nervous and got myself a nic testing kit. It doesn't test for quality, only that the strength is as advertised. So you know you've got 72mg/ml and not lower.
Having gone through nic from 3 suppliers now my experience is that Dark Star's is just fine, I have had no issues at all with it. It's clear in colour and without any peppery odour or taste. I've learned to trust what it says on the label.

I have seen complaints about Dark Star, mostly about the VG based nic, but they are not as many or as bad as those I've read about Darrant or Lucemill. I wouldn't personally put the 3 companies in the same bracket. If you have a bad feeling about Dark Star, that's fine, it's your money and your choice. Who else would you buy from and on what basis though? What makes you trust them more? Do you think it will be higher quality just because it's more expensive?
@Aaron1983
Thanks for the website for bottles mate. I've ordered 35 in 30 ml for £6 for better storage in the freezer.

@scrumpox

Thanks for your thoughts. I really appreciate it.
What you said makes total sense and, of course, frozen VG Nic is really gluey. You need to wait for it to get to room temperature and after it got fairly warm I used to pop it into the microwave for like 10 secs or better to not damage it at all just sink it in a bowl of hot water for a few minutes to thin it out and then give it a good few minutes shake. Just want to point out that it must be in a glass bottle. Plastic bottles would either melt or release plastic particles which is not good.
Flavourings in VG are more popular now.

I personally don't go lower in VG than 80 for heavy sub ohming. Any more PG just leaves a funny taste in my mouth which I don't find particularly pleasant. It just tastes weird. Still can get rid of it with sweetener but that's another matter.
At the vape jam I tried some 99% (or at least really close to that) VG French e-liquids (great flavour) which I was really impressed by and thought I'd give it a go myself at trying to do something that high in VG.
And then of course I have other tanks that work better with 70/30 and that's what I use in them.
On the other hand I still have my old nautiluses in which I use 60 PG liquids and they're absolutely fine. Flavour is amazing.

Different tanks work better with different juices full stop. Just need to find the sweet spot.

Regarding the suppliers, I don't know what to say and I never really cared. Thought I'd ask because it made me think twice after I read several different review websites about different companies. But again as with any other vaping related product, it's user error. And liquids take time to steep as well, need to be kept in the dark and shaken well several times during a period of about a month and eye measurements can let down. So plenty of room for error.

I was thinking of Alchem (everythingliquid.co.uk); mixnmatcheliquids.com (cyprus based) they do 100mg; Lubrisolve (lubrisolve.com) seemed alright; Lucemill (read some good reviews, plus they're a heavy supplier in UK.
But I'm fine with Dark Star and I've read more about them and I'll give them a go

Do you really think it's not worth getting the nic in VG honestly?
It's a few drops anyway for a 3mg so it won't bother me buying it in PG. Besides if I want a higher nic liquid I'll need more PG
I also don't know much about degrading frozen VG. never noticed it but never had it in the freezer for more than 8-9 months.

Thanks all for your replies

I guess if you are looking at 99%vg then VG nic is the answer, like I said I have some VG nic in the freezer in 100ml bottles from ds that I have frozen, like you I will warm it in some water before I decant into my handy bottle in the fridge so it really doesn't bother me that it gets thick.
I ordered Pg nic as I have heard it lasts longer as Pg is a sterile environment for the nic so would apparently last longer in the freezer until I use the VG stuff up.
It's swings and roundabouts bud, maybe it'd be worth getting some Pg nic for the long-term.

@scrumpox

Thanks for your thoughts. I really appreciate it.
What you said makes total sense and, of course, frozen VG Nic is really gluey. You need to wait for it to get to room temperature and after it got fairly warm I used to pop it into the microwave for like 10 secs or better to not damage it at all just sink it in a bowl of hot water for a few minutes to thin it out and then give it a good few minutes shake. Just want to point out that it must be in a glass bottle. Plastic bottles would either melt or release plastic particles which is not good.
I might be repeating myself ... I find that PG is a lot easier to work with. Shaking VG at room temperatures is a chore especially in winter, warming it up adds another step in the process and more time. Metering out PG when mixing is so much more controllable.

Flavourings in VG are more popular now.
True, but still nowhere near as prevalent. I still enjoy mixing and trying different recipes, mixing is a hobby in itself. Sourcing VG flavourings would be a constraint that I don't need. Your priorities might be different, I respect that.

I personally don't go lower in VG than 80 for heavy sub ohming. Any more PG just leaves a funny taste in my mouth which I don't find particularly pleasant. It just tastes weird. Still can get rid of it with sweetener but that's another matter.
At the vape jam I tried some 99% (or at least really close to that) VG French e-liquids (great flavour) which I was really impressed by and thought I'd give it a go myself at trying to do something that high in VG.
And then of course I have other tanks that work better with 70/30 and that's what I use in them.
On the other hand I still have my old nautiluses in which I use 60 PG liquids and they're absolutely fine. Flavour is amazing.

Different tanks work better with different juices full stop. Just need to find the sweet spot.
Again that's true and my situation is different. I only use Aromamizers and they all wick the same way so I make juices of 70-90% VG that works fine in them all. I'm free from any constraint of mixing differently for different atties. For me, the atty and build choice is determined by the flavour type; mild and subtle flavours go in 23mm tanks, stronger flavours go in the 25mm and 30mm tanks. I'm fortunate not to have an aversion to PG, just a preference for higher VG. I also find that VG varies noticeably ... in viscosity and taste. I've tried 100VG premade juices that are not as viscous as my 70VGs. You seem to have more of a requirement for PG than I do.

Regarding the suppliers, I don't know what to say and I never really cared. Thought I'd ask because it made me think twice after I read several different review websites about different companies. But again as with any other vaping related product, it's user error. And liquids take time to steep as well, need to be kept in the dark and shaken well several times during a period of about a month and eye measurements can let down. So plenty of room for error.

I was thinking of Alchem (everythingliquid.co.uk); mixnmatcheliquids.com (cyprus based) they do 100mg; Lubrisolve (lubrisolve.com) seemed alright; Lucemill (read some good reviews, plus they're a heavy supplier in UK.
But I'm fine with Dark Star and I've read more about them and I'll give them a go
Your approach is sensible and considered, I have no issue with that and we should all spend our hard-earned where we feel most comfortable. Be aware that nic strengths above 75mg/ml are considered poisons in the UK, importing 100mg/ml would be illegal.

Do you really think it's not worth getting the nic in VG honestly?
It's a few drops anyway for a 3mg so it won't bother me buying it in PG. Besides if I want a higher nic liquid I'll need more PG
I also don't know much about degrading frozen VG. never noticed it but never had it in the freezer for more than 8-9 months.
Much like I said before, it's about checking the advantages and disadvantages for your needs and preferences. This was a decision I made when I weighed up the options and started mixing in August 2014 and I don't regret it, I still see nothing in the advantages column for VG nic. If you have a genuine desire / preference / need to make 100VG juices then the advantage is clear.
I think we're all in somewhat unknown territory when it comes to long-term freezer storage and I'm comfortable with my choice. I would honestly feel a little nagging doubt about unfrrezing VG in 6 or 7 years time. It's not about the nic degrading, it's about the VG itself. Would you keep vegetables in your freezer for 6-7 years? :)

Last edited:
Hey man,

I've just started making DIY juice but I can spot a bad nic when I see one as I've been vaping for ages. I have been using the MakeMyVape nicotine shots which are £12.50 for 10. All my juice has been lovely, mixed well and no harshness. I also used to get the Darkstar ones given to me with some of the juice I bought and it seemed pretty good too.

Hope that helps buddy.

Hi

I am looking to buy some nicotine base highest possible concentration in VG (most likely 72% in the UK) and I am having a really hard time trying to find a decent place to order from.

I have read so many forums and people recommending all kinds of websites for cheap nicotine and others saying it's crap, peppery and smells like dead animals.

I know even some of the 'premium' juices are peppery and I hate that. To clarify, I'm not allergic to VG or PG or any other acids or sweeteners used in juices. I only vape 3mg and even though not all 3mg liquids are the same (some can be harsher, some can be weaker), some really are harsh/peppery and give me a sickening sensation and even a heartburn which I'm close to 100% sure it's because of the nicotine used.

The main reason I want to buy it now is to avoid paying £1 for every 20mg nicotine shot after 20th May. All I want is to keep buying juices in 0 or make them myself and add a few drops of nicotine, considering it won't completely ruin the juice..

What I am looking for is high quality nicotine, clean, odourless and not ridiculously overpriced also it must be diluted in VG.

I also don't care where it's coming from or where it's manufactured, whether it's Ireland, India, Switzerland, Italy Greenland, Antarctica or Mariana Trench as long as it's good quality.

Please help before TPD kicks in.

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom