What's new

What % Total of Flavour concentrates do you recommend.

IF CREATING A 70/30 MIX VG/PG MIX WHAT % FLAVOURING WOULD YOU GENERALLY STICK TO?

• Total voters
Most of my mixes have a total between 5% and 6% though there are a few I mix less.
I am probably rare in finding that most bought juices are too strong for my tastes.

I agree , most big juice companies seem to dump a ton of sucralose and sweeteners into an overkill of flavouring . I'd go anywhere between 1 -5 % on individual flavours and I tend to end up with a final mix of between 5 - 10 percent . Any more than 15% flavourings and I find the subtleties become lost .

Capella and perfumers apprentice aim for 5% individual ingredients to start with .
Flavourart and inawera aim as low as 1 - 2% to start

I try to get as many of the flavourings I want from one maker, as each maker will have their own idea about how concentrated a flavouring should be. The majority of my stuff therefore comes from Flavourart as they have most of what I want, deliver quickly, and have good product descriptions on their website. Most of my recipes are 12-15% for fruits, tobacco flavours a little lower, cakey/biscuit recipes a little higher.

If I'm over 15%, I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Start looking for where Ethyl Maltol could have crept in and be muting flavours.

If you want something strong its better to layer variations of a flavour or different manufacturers rather than trying to turn the volume up on one.

10-25% depending on brand of flavour, nic and pg/vg ratio. And who its for and what atty is being used.

Back
Top Bottom