What's new

Vg smells like off milk

Rordog17

Postman
I'm trying to figure out why when I'm following recipes does the juice smell nice but is tasteless & harsh. I've just tried with no nicotine in case that was the issue but still no flavor. The juice smells great. Ive heard vg is supposed to smell sweet. Is my vg to blame here?

If your VG smells like off milk then yeah its your VG that's the problem [emoji6] how long have you had it? And where did you buy it from?

might as well post the recipe too while you are there ... the more info we have the better chance people might be able to help.

VG tastes sweet, it doesn't really smell 'sweet'

the juice smell nice but is tasteless & harsh.

you'd better tell us what kit you are using to vape too

I got pg & vg from Darrent chemicals just short of a year ago. Since I picked up the vape again & got into rebuildables my diy hasn't tasted like anything at all. Tried rayon still no joy. My nicotine expires next month & has changed color abit so I tried it with no nic this morning & still no flavor at all. The vg isn't a strong smell but defiently got a sour tinge.

I followed diy or dies starwb cheesecake remix

5% Ripe stawb tfa... Only stawb I have
5% graham's crust cheesecake
1% bavarian cream tfa

I don't have sweet cream or sweeteners so added 1% capella marzipan.

I know I'm not following the recipe to a t but it does smell pukka just tasteless. Don't have any shop juice to compare but I do have a vanilla custard & mint I mixed last year.... I went heavy on the mint & I can taste it ever so slightly but not like other people's vapes I've tried.

I'm still new to the game so any helps appriciated. Just craving the unreal hit I get off my mates aramax power but I want to stick with rebuildables & diy :(

As above VG is odourless, but tastes kinda like sugar water. Where have you been storing your nic and VG?

As a guide my unopened VG is in a dark cupboard and the opened container is in the fridge. NIc wise the unopened 500ml are in the freezer in amber glass bottles. When I need to crack one open I then decant them into 5 x 100ml amber glass bottles so I don't have to keep opening up a 500ml.

were you smoking in the time you weren't vaping?

It may just be that your taste buds need to recover from that a bit ...

Oh yeah dead rabbit ss Claptons. Some generic Chinese brand. Ohm at 0.13 dual Not made by me as Ive had no luck with them yet

I got given a few bottles of juice from a friend and was getting on OK with them. Not sure the wicking is quite there yet but the taste was coming through somewhat

Has anyone got any recommendations for vg pg & nic salts. I don't want to pay over the odds but smaller than litre bottles would be nice. I going to keep the nic salts at 3mg still. Is this a good idea ?

Back
Top Bottom