What's new

Vanilla custard base mix

Found this recipe on some Reddit forum. A monster custard.

Vanilla's Madness
  • 2% TFA Vanilla Swirl
  • 4% TFA French Vanilla
  • 6% TFA Vanilla Cupcake
  • 5% TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
  • 3% FW Bavarian Cream
  • 1% TFA Whipped Cream
  • 1% TFA Sweet Cream
  • 5% CAP Vanilla Custard
from <https://www.kritikalmass.net/proddetail.asp?prod=Vanilla-Madness>

Looks ridiculous on paper yes (27% !) but, I still keep making it as it is bloody delicious.

I do this for my salt nic juice [emoji4] I blend my concentrates and enough nic to make to make 1mg 500ml mix then leave for 2weeks until it's a dark orange colour then top-up with VG and salt nic to desired strength [emoji4]

So it works well? I’m definitely going to do a batch. Maybe start it at the weekend if I have some time.

I wonder how Charlies Chalk Dust do it with their Sea Salted Savory Caramel Ice Cream flavour, then. It definitely has a salty note to it.

There must be a flavour compound, actual salt just doesn’t seem to work. Artificial salt flavour.

So it works well? I’m definitely going to do a batch. Maybe start it at the weekend if I have some time.
I've only started mixing this way from the information from you [emoji23] your discussion with @ZT about adding nic to concentrates and resting before adding pg and vg and your post about nic salt not allowing juice to steep and for me I can now get a custard to steep in ten days that used to take six to eight weeks to get to the same point and even though salts take away some of the depth of flavour it's a massive improvement over mixing with them from the off [emoji4]

Excellent, cheers mate. I’m glad somebody’s done this and confirmed it. I will definitely mix something up for a salt batch at the weekend.

Excellent, cheers mate. I’m glad somebody’s done this and confirmed it. I will definitely mix something up for a salt batch at the weekend.
For anything creamy or complex (anything other then a shake n vape) it's the way forward Zouzou and I don't think I'll ever go back to mixing everything at the same time again [emoji6]

I'm finding this condensed milk hard to get.
Bloody missed it off my order from FA the other night and even though i logged into DS last night to see if they had it in their dark arts range i ordered five 30ml bottles of concentrate and none of them were condensed milk.
Must try harder!

On @zouzounaki's recommendation, I'm going to add some of the condensed milk to a few of my mixes and see what it adds. Hopefully it will round out a couple of the oneshot concentrates I tend to favour.

Back
Top Bottom