What's new

Time to DIY

Lisa Bolton

Achiever
I've decided after spending loads on juice that it's time to start making my own. I've looked on Vapable (suggestions of others appreciated) and thinking of getting a litre of base mix, a few fruit, couple of creams, biscuit and cake plus seen a brown sugar sweetener. I'm going to save my empty bottles. Got some of the kids Calpol syringes up to 10ml. I joined a Facebook group with lots of tips. Was told it's easier to mix your own 1 shot and add to save some for another time. Going to start with a bakewell tart. It's the steeping that will drive me crazy lol

post 6 will have everything you need POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

cheap set of scales would be much easier and around £5-8

i bought 55 single concentrates when i started but not used in well over two years. ended up just buying one shots as could never get a decent enough flavour mixing from scratch.
good luck.

Thank you, I am not going mad on flavours. I might try 1 shots to start but I do want to try and recreate things I used to make but now can't have so much. I have some decent kitchen scales that do mls but I thought syringes would be more accurate. Can't wait to get started lol. Thank you
post 6 will have everything you need POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

cheap set of scales would be much easier and around £5-8

i bought 55 single concentrates when i started but not used in well over two years. ended up just buying one shots as could never get a decent enough flavour mixing from scratch.
good luck.

Best to get separate VG and PG. You’ll be forever trying to figure out how to get the right PG/VG ratio otherwise. Most concentrates are PG based, and will change the ratio, and nic needs to be taken into account.

Good luck

I was thinking of getting a 80/20 mix so if the rest is Pg in flavour, a 70/30 NIC should be ok. Maybe not lol. I won't need much Pg though
Best to get separate VG and PG. You’ll be forever trying to figure out how to get the right PG/VG ratio otherwise. Most concentrates are PG based, and will change the ratio, and nic needs to be taken into account.

Good luck

Scales all the way… you will lose the will to live trying to use a syringe for VG :D You want scales that do go down to .00 of a gram: PG and VG weigh different amounts, so by weight not volume (ml).

As above, save yourself a headache and get separate PG & VG :)

^this. 00 grams scales al the way.
i bought all the syringes and chucked the lot. pippetes are quite handy though.

I'll check my scales out before buying. Yes I'll get separate. I've a question about some of the flavours. Frosted donut. Would that contain the sweetener? Also things like marshmallow would that? Don't want to be adding more
Scales all the way… you will lose the will to live trying to use a syringe for VG :D You want scales that do go down to .00 of a gram: PG and VG weigh different amounts, so by weight not volume (ml).

As above, save yourself a headache and get separate PG & VG :)

Scales are a must, speeds things up no end and is more accurate.

Use separate PG and VG, you will save yourself a headache further down the line.

Mixing is easy to start, difficult to master when using individual flavourings. Some flavourings are awful and will ruin a liquid, others are superb so make sure you read up on the flavours your planning on buying, someone, somewhere will have written a review.

Not all brands are equal. By this I mean some flavourings require high percentage (10%+) others will require no more than 0.5% so make sure you’ve looked that up before starting. Another handy way to tell is to fill your mouth with saliva and then put a single drop of the flavouring on your hand and lick it, if it’s very strong, start low, if it’s weak, will need to be higher. Will also give you a rough idea of the flavour.

Back
Top Bottom