What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

TFA Pancake recipe % Help

Hi

I haven't ried ANY multi flavour mixes yet, just single flavour ready to go ones (ie apple pie)

I was about to try TFA Pancake mix, I cannot find the suggested percentage but I expect it's around 5% as it's very strong smelling.

Anyway I wanted to make Lemon Pancake so I was going to try:
10% total flavour:
5% TFA Pancake
3% TFA Lemon 2
2% TFA Sweetener

The downside as I see it is that the pancake has maple syrup in it so I am worried it won't mix well.

Good or bad move? or any other suggestions?

When mixers get a concentrate like TFA Pancake they tend to embellish/reinforce the recipe with aspects of that particular profile. Such as, Cakey, Biscuity, syrupy,
buttery-ness by adding small amounts of say ;

Yellow cake
Biscuit or
Graham cracker
Maple Syrup
Golden Butter

Things that might seem counter intuitive if the original profile says it is a PANCAKE but often the flavour that claims it is the whole deal might just be the essence of pancake and not necessarily the whole deal.

Good luck with assuming PANCAKE + LEMON + SWEET will make an awesome pancake juice. Until you try it though, you don't know.

I bottled out (pardon the pun) and just mixed it with a touch of sweetener and left out the lemon - will see how it steeps then decide.

Hi Vapaneezer Scrooge how did the pancake turn out it must have steeped enough now?

Hi Vapaneezer Scrooge how did the pancake turn out it must have steeped enough now?
Yeah it steeped and vaped it all but it was too strong, tasted of pancake but deffo added too much pancake flavour, I would rate it 6/10

I am going to retry at 4% Pancake next batch as it wasn't that far off, I might try adding 1% Lemon this time too. (the sweetener helped)

Back
Top Bottom