What's new

Sweet tobacco mix

AJT

Veteran
Hi all does anyone know or have or point me towards a decent sweet tobacco recipe something along the line of the old nokomis or the like..searched about but most are of ry4 more than anything..
Would be fun to experiment but need pointing in the right flavours direction as I don’t have a clue..
Mixed a couple of my thinking of flavours but no good tasted terrible ish...I have a lot to learn..
Thanks.

There is a mixer called Fear who makes excellent tobaccos. Not a copy of Nokomis but this looks good and may be similar with some biscuit/cookie added and I have been meaning to make it.

https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/35021#budderstotch_aka_burleyscotch_v2_by_fear

If you just want to start mixing tobaccos then:

I have made this and it is excellent mtl. Was not sure about it based on profile but he hits cigar with mango perfectly.

https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/47894#abuela_by_fear

He uses similar tobaccos in many recipes so,you can try his and then branch out. I plan to adapt abuela to a blueberry tobacco when I have time.

He also makes one called cardinal which is one of my fav ry4s with tobacco

https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/24962#cardinal_by_fear

I doubt you’ll find a recipe that’s close to nokomis. I could never work out what’s in it.

Do you not like ry4? Not tobaccoey enough?

I doubt you’ll find a recipe that’s close to nokomis. I could never work out what’s in it.

I agree re Manabush tobaccos. I like to make my own liquids for fun and personalisation, but I always have some Manabush or Druids brew on hand as they are unique. I also like to support people that make good stuff. Best of both worlds.

Also, I recall that the recipe changed because the tobacco flavour was no longer available.

Do you not like ry4? Not tobaccoey enough?
Hi yes Just used nokomis as the example benchmark as I don’t know any other to compare with..yes ry4 is okay but it’s abit boring so to speak..yes could do with a bit more tobacco..
Did a mix using ryw adding a Kentucky tobacco concentrate and maple..plus nuts but while it’s vapable it’s not quite what I was after...

After most of a 10ml bottle of the new one @Nuromanzer , I definitely like it better. I think it’s a massive achievement on @ZT and his folks’ part. It was already perfect, so trying to come up with something close enough was a job in itself, yet they’ve managed to exceed it, imo.

Like the old one, there’s a familiar taste I can’t quite put my finger on, the tobacco seems a wee touch more prominent, and personally I also think this new one sits better with the firewater and indigene liquids as well.

Hi yes Just used nokomis as the example benchmark as I don’t know any other to compare with..yes ry4 is okay but it’s abit boring so to speak..yes could do with a bit more tobacco..
Did a mix using ryw adding a Kentucky tobacco concentrate and maple..plus nuts but while it’s vapable it’s not quite what I was after...

What maple concentrate are you using? IMO the TFA one is pretty shit, the FA maple is far better. It actually tastes like maple, to me.

Maybe you need to do a bit of research and make sure you’re getting decent highly rated concentrates. It’s worth paying more for known good quality ones.

But if nokomis was your go to liquid, it’s a shame you’re not keen on the new one as I think you’ll struggle to find or come up with anything similar, unfortunately.

After most of a 10ml bottle of the new one @Nuromanzer , I definitely like it better. I think it’s a massive achievement on @ZT and his folks’ part. It was already perfect, so trying to come up with something close enough was a job in itself, yet they’ve managed to exceed it, imo.

Like the old one, there’s a familiar taste I can’t quite put my finger on, the tobacco seems a wee touch more prominent, and personally I also think this new one sits better with the firewater and indigene liquids as well.
you know what .. its freaking lovely to hear that - this whole thing has kept me awake at nights

What maple concentrate are you using? IMO the TFA one is pretty shit, the FA maple is far better. It actually tastes like maple, to me.

Maybe you need to do a bit of research and make sure you’re getting decent highly rated concentrates. It’s worth paying more for known good quality ones.

But if nokomis was your go to liquid, it’s a shame you’re not keen on the new one as I think you’ll struggle to find or come up with anything similar, unfortunately.
From the experience of being a few weeks in now - a lot of it is down to muscle memory .. because it IS a bit different (though also very similar) going starlight from one to the other the fact there is change at all is viewed negatively by the tastebuds of some people i think .. we are finding people going back to it now and going "actually .... "

Back
Top Bottom