What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Strawberry & Lime

razz1979

Postman
Good morning apes.

A work colleague has asked if I could make him a strawberry & lime mix, 0mg, 70vg30pg. Any recommendations for a decent flavour?

I have these concentrates to hand;

Key Lime (TPA)
Strawberry (TPA)
Strawberry Ripe (TPA)
Strawberry Shisha (Inw)

I was thinking something along the lines of;

2.5% Key Lime
3.5% Strawberry Ripe
1.5% Strawberry Shisha
plus a couple of drops of EM

TIA

Hi @razz1979
I think your balance between strawberry and lime should be ok.
I don't use tpa but have used Inawera.
My experience of Inawera is I like more than suggested percentages.
I personally find I need to add more strawberry after first test as with me the flavour mutes as it settles/steep no matter which brand i use.
I also find strawberries need a long time to develop/steep.
Try a small tester to see if enough flavour is coming through.

Hi @razz1979
I think your balance between strawberry and lime should be ok.
I don't use tpa but have used Inawera.
My experience of Inawera is I like more than suggested percentages.
I personally find I need to add more strawberry after first test as with me the flavour mutes as it settles/steep no matter which brand i use.
I also find strawberries need a long time to develop/steep.
Try a small tester to see if enough flavour is coming through.

I use TPA flavours and have the opposite problem with Strawberry - I find it overpowers every other flavour I mix it with. I have tried strawberry and strawberry ripe

Good morning apes.

A work colleague has asked if I could make him a strawberry & lime mix, 0mg, 70vg30pg. Any recommendations for a decent flavour?

I have these concentrates to hand;

Key Lime (TPA)
Strawberry (TPA)
Strawberry Ripe (TPA)
Strawberry Shisha (Inw)

I was thinking something along the lines of;

2.5% Key Lime
3.5% Strawberry Ripe
1.5% Strawberry Shisha
plus a couple of drops of EM

TIA
I've not used Inawera strawberry but have had plenty of nice liquids made from TPA flavours.
If I'd have been asked, I'd probably keep it fairly simple, aim for around 20% flavouring, I would go with:
5% TPA Key Lime
15% TPA Strawberry
Just personal taste, but if you wanted to mix it up, maybe swap 5% of the 15% Strawberry with some of the Strawberry Ripe

I've found TPA to be fairly sweet, so no real need for Ethyl Maltol, but again, it's personal taste, so if you want to add some, I'd go for 1-2%max

Hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom