What's new

Shamrock shake

shiningstar

Postman
Hi, have been trying to replicate shamrock shake for a friend and am fairly close with using one of the clones off elr however been told it's missing that extra lingering sweetness, so am wondering which sweetener it could be... I have em but there is sucralose super sweet etc that I have never used, which one gives that lingering sweetness in the mouth? Also wondering if anyone has tried the ds bottle shot of it yet and if it's a good clone?

Sorry don't know anything about the clone but with regards to the sweetener, yes sucralose is your friend here but like everything else start low 0.5% and work your way up to get to your sweet spot.
You will find most commercial premium juices are loaded with sweetener.
Oh, and Capella Super sweet is basically double the strength so be aware of that if you use.

Thanks for that, was probably gonna go with capella, good to know it's high strength too :) I always knew companies over sweetened their juices a lot, not something I like to do in mixes, but my mate is convinced it's am essential part of dhamrock shake :/

Which recipe is this? Love the stuff but had a feeling it would be a nightmare to replicate, sounds like your close!

Bavarian Cream (TPA) 5%
Creme de Menthe (flavorah) 1%
Koolada 10% (TPA) 1%
Malted Milk (TPA) 4%
Super Sweet (CAP)0.5%
Sweet Cream (TPA) 2%
Vanilla Shisha (INAWERA) 2%
Vanilla Swirl (TPA) 4%
White Chocolate (TPA) 2%

This is the updated version, though haven't tried it yet with the super sweet added as haven't got it yet, it's tweaked from an elr recipe, the thing I find most strange about the clones for this is that most have quite different ingredients, so a lot of people must pick up different flavours in the juice depending on their tastes, I have seen toasted marshmallow, maraschino cherry, vanilla butternut in recipes, so complicates it even more...

Bavarian Cream (TPA) 5%
Creme de Menthe (flavorah) 1%
Koolada 10% (TPA) 1%
Malted Milk (TPA) 4%
Super Sweet (CAP)0.5%
Sweet Cream (TPA) 2%
Vanilla Shisha (INAWERA) 2%
Vanilla Swirl (TPA) 4%
White Chocolate (TPA) 2%

This is the updated version, though haven't tried it yet with the super sweet added as haven't got it yet, it's tweaked from an elr recipe, the thing I find most strange about the clones for this is that most have quite different ingredients, so a lot of people must pick up different flavours in the juice depending on their tastes, I have seen toasted marshmallow, maraschino cherry, vanilla butternut in recipes, so complicates it even more...

How'd this come out mate?

It's actually very nice, just noticed the Creme de Menthe is not flavorah but TPA I think, I have give a sample to my mate and waiting on feedback as he is the shamrock fiend! Does need a bit of a steep too it's been 2 weeks and has become better in that time, but not sure if it will still improve more, dilemma for me is whether to have a try of the darkstar one shot to see how that is!

Havent tried shamrock shake yet, just discovered this line of juices with the bananza shake and fuck me its delicious. Anyone of you tried the juice/have an idea of a clone recipe?
Ill try shamrock and the the strawberry one next cos this bananza shake is just like banana Yazoo i used to love as a kid.

All depends on you're taste preference, the banana one is decent but there are plenty of banana milkshakes out and in my opinion mostly quite similar, there's a lot more variety with the strawberry milks out there, there's hundreds of them! shamrock is a bit more complex, a Vanilla shake with a slight hint of mint/cooling, quite popular and a bit more unique!

Back
Top Bottom