What's new

Real Ale Liquid.

Chris K

Vendor
So I've been considering attempting a Real Ale flavoured liquid. I've tried several concentrates that say are 'real ale' but... They just aren't! So thinking I'll knock one up myself.

Now... I reckon I have a reasonable base to start but could do with fellow apes input for the little touches to turn a reasonable mix into a winner. Any final liquid we come up with will be open for all obviously!

4.3% TFA Kentucky Bourbon
2% FA Oakwood
1.4% TFA Brown Sugar

That would be a good base for a medium Brown Ale I'd suggest. I have plenty of experience using Bourbon in various mixes but rest is going to be trial and error. Considered TFA Double Chocolate Dark as perhaps moving it down a Stout route but maybe an idea for another day.

So apes, what else are we all thinking?

So I've been considering attempting a Real Ale flavoured liquid. I've tried several concentrates that say are 'real ale' but... They just aren't! So thinking I'll knock one up myself.

Now... I reckon I have a reasonable base to start but could do with fellow apes input for the little touches to turn a reasonable mix into a winner. Any final liquid we come up with will be open for all obviously!

4.3% TFA Kentucky Bourbon
2% FA Oakwood
1.4% TFA Brown Sugar

That would be a good base for a medium Brown Ale I'd suggest. I have plenty of experience using Bourbon in various mixes but rest is going to be trial and error. Considered TFA Double Chocolate Dark as perhaps moving it down a Stout route but maybe an idea for another day.

So apes, what else are we all thinking?

I'm thinking you should crack on, nail it and send me some :p

Sounds a very interesting flavour I must say..good luck hope you crack it..

Sounds good. I'm willing to be a tester [emoji6][emoji16].
Would it be worth putting a little biscuit flavour into it?

You need something hoppy and slightly bitter.

Yakima Hops by Flavorah?

Know that one though is only used in small amounts as can give a slightly dry texture. Might try some citrus to balance it abit.

Sounds good. I'm willing to be a tester [emoji6][emoji16].
Would it be worth putting a little biscuit flavour into it?

Biscuit could probably work, add alittle more texture but if using Yakima Hop, may make it alittle too dry, I'll certainly try a version with alittle biscuit. Have a few to choose from.

Anyone suggest another fruit? I tried a Plum IPA once that was rather nice. Anyone else tried any ales with a fruit back note?

I had a pint of smoked chestnut porter last week, which was excellent. But probably no help to you with this, right enough.

Titanic Plum Porter is fantastic, and weighs in at 6 odd percent too!

Ah yes, tried that one in The Bell in Nottingham, it was a cracker... Went down alittle too easy though... I'm tempted to add some plum to this liquid and aim for something like Titanic.

Back
Top Bottom