What's new

Raspberry suggestions please ?

mattvapes1976

Postman
Hey guys , I've been challenged by a friend to knock up a tasty bake well tart recipe . I have the base sorted and the toasted almond finish but I've never mixed with raspberry before so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a nice Bakewell tart filling ? I don't mind combining a couple of different raspberries to build a more complex profile , but I don't really want to shell out for 6 different concentrates just to find the right combo .

Many thanks in advance !!

From my experience ...
Inawera Raspberry is a very authentic but grassy flavour, very concentrated ... 0.5-1.0% would be enough in recipes
Flavourart Raspberry is sweeter, still authentic and also concentrated ... as above for using in recipes
TPA Raspberry Sweet is less authentic but often works well in bakery recipes when you want a sugary, jammy type of flavour rather than the pukka fruit. Not as concentrated, you need to add 3-5%

An option would be to use Raspberry Sweet in your Bakewell with a very small touch of FA Raspberry for fruit authenticity.

Out of interest, how did you solve the base/almond flavours? Did you try FA's Marzipan?

Thank you @scrumpox , that's exactly what I was hoping for - you're a star ! I was definitely tempted to try inawera shisha raspberry but I think I'll go for the combo you've suggested instead .
As for the marzipan , I haven't had bakewell for years so much to my dismay I've completely neglected to add it into the mix ! I'll pick up some FA marzipan and give it a try :) base wise I'm using a touch of inawera biscuit and some. Graham cracker crust with a layer of yellow cake and a smidge of vanilla cupcake for body . Topping is fa toasted almond and I may even throw in the faintest tone of fa coconut candy to add a little complexity to the finish - but I'll figure that out once I get the raspberry sitting right in the middle of the mix .

Many thanks for the help ! I'll keep you posted on the marzipan !

Flavorah Boysenberry is great with raspberry.
It is a very full sweet berry taste that really works well with raspberry giving a cooked jammy taste to raspberry.
I tend to pair it with Inawera Raspberry although the FA is just as good.
My preferred mix would be 2% Inawera Raspberry and 1% Flavorah Boysenberry.
Also have a look at FA Amber which adds a great cooked/ baked taste to fruits in a pie combo.

Back
Top Bottom