What's new

Raspberry Glazed Donut recipie not working

JEmpire

Postman
Hi, so I followed this recipe
--
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/645738/Loaded Donuts (by VaporAlchemist)
--

I steeped for 4 days, and I could taste the cake-y or batter like taste to donuts, with the hint of the frost/glaze taste. But could not taste any of the raspberry that I added.

I added Raspberry CAP 1% and Sweet Raspberry TFA 2% but I cannot taste it? Do you think I need to let it steep longer, or add more percentage? I kind of want a sweet dough-ey raspberry taste, with the hint of vanilla.

Any suggestions of percentages?

Did you try looking for a raspberry doughnut recipe using your flavour stash @JEmpire? There are quite a few on elr but many of them seem to use a premixed doughnut base, though you could obviously use your original recipe instead of that.

One recipe I found with a quick search used the Cap concentrate at 6% and another the TFA at 2.5%, but as they were different recipes I don't know if that helps much.

Looks like maybe you should up the Cap a bit as a starting point if you can't find an actual raspberry doughnut recipe you like the look of.

Did you try looking for a raspberry doughnut recipe using your flavour stash @JEmpire? There are quite a few on elr but many of them seem to use a premixed doughnut base, though you could obviously use your original recipe instead of that.

One recipe I found with a quick search used the Cap concentrate at 6% and another the TFA at 2.5%, but as they were different recipes I don't know if that helps much.

Looks like maybe you should up the Cap a bit as a starting point if you can't find an actual raspberry doughnut recipe you like the look of.

Thanks for this. Yeah you're right I couldn't find a raspberry one without a premixed doughnut base, so I've had to go by the link shown, and just use raspberry flavours.

Can I ask a question? CAP says their flavours should be around 15-20% - is that for single mix (i.e their blueberry with just PG/VG and nic) or is it for mixing with other flavours (i.e blueberry, cherry and apple pie?)

Can I ask a question? CAP says their flavours should be around 15-20% - is that for single mix (i.e their blueberry with just PG/VG and nic) or is it for mixing with other flavours (i.e blueberry, cherry and apple pie?)
That would be for single flavour juices only. I'd probably start at 5% in a mix but it would depend on how strong I wanted it to feature in the finished juice.

All the cake, cookie etc flavours iv used take at least a few weeks to steep and come good or reach their peak. They have never tasted as good before that, especially just a few days.
Some recent advice i was given here was to steep the cakes,custards and so on that need time alone and then add the berry a few days/a week before vaping.
Just a thought.

All the cake, cookie etc flavours iv used take at least a few weeks to steep and come good or reach their peak. They have never tasted as good before that, especially just a few days.
Some recent advice i was given here was to steep the cakes,custards and so on that need time alone and then add the berry a few days/a week before vaping.
Just a thought.
Thanks for this.

So does this mean the fruit flavours in the ejuice has to constantly be added to remain its flavour, or does it mean I'd have to finish off the ejuice quickly so fruit flavour doesn't fade?

Mate im not up with rasberry and have just got into fruits really. Was mostly into tobac and a few choc,licorice themed ones, stuff like that.
Recently a strawberry i did was great the first week, left it for a couple, tried it and it was almost gone! Could virtually only taste the cream and sweetener. So whether rasberry fades or tapers off i dont know, hopefully someone can tell you here. But i do know that bakery,custards and so on need a steep to get the best out of them. One other thing is going too high on % can mess things up. I recently did a FA Forest fruit at 5% with Champagne. Tasted really nice and i thought, hmmm ill up it to 8% and make it even nicer. I ruined it, the taste was muted and weird. I did the same with FA citrus as well, tried one at high levels and it was crap. A lower version was great, i wanted it to be greater but it was a failure.
Good luck mixing mate, its a good feeling when you get it right.

Hi, so I followed this recipe
--
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/645738/Loaded Donuts (by VaporAlchemist)
--

I steeped for 4 days, and I could taste the cake-y or batter like taste to donuts, with the hint of the frost/glaze taste. But could not taste any of the raspberry that I added.

I added Raspberry CAP 1% and Sweet Raspberry TFA 2% but I cannot taste it? Do you think I need to let it steep longer, or add more percentage? I kind of want a sweet dough-ey raspberry taste, with the hint of vanilla.

Any suggestions of percentages?
TFA sweet raspberry is horribly weak. Horribly, so you're relying only on the CAP raspberry there, which I haven't used, but 1% sounds optimistic. Conversely, 0.5% of INW raspberry and a percent or two of FA raspberry would see your raspberry quite pronounced.

Definitely needs a longer steep and different raspberries for me. The sweet raspberry's nice but really needs used in conjunction with a much stronger one.

I use it to complement INW or INW shisha (or both!) and find they don't fade much. The INW at a max of about 1% for me, combined with up to 2% of the INW Shisha Raspberry, goes well with the sweet raspberry at around 1.5%. This is just my own taste though as I like a lot of Rasp.

I'd give the donuts at least 3 weeks in a cupboard as well.

Yip as said above, TFA Raspberry Sweet is actually more suited to diluting with water and drinking it as squash as it is so weak, a really tasty authentic in your face raspberry is the INW one, really good and I like it better than their Shisha version.

Back
Top Bottom