What's new

Ok, my next juice is in your hands.

Mr Numpty

Veteran
Long story short, I've mixed a lot of juices over the past few months with incredibly poor results. If plain old RY4 didn't satisfy me I'd have given up. So, could you please look at this list of concentrates I've just received and tell me a recipe using one or more of them, just flavour percentages, that you KNOW will produce a nice juice. :D

Thanks in advance. All concentrates from TPA:
Pineapple
Coconut
Strawberry (ripe)
Blackcurrant
Mango
Blueberry (wild)
Key Lime
Maraschino cherry
Green apple
Almond amaretto
Dulche de leche
Peppermint
Menthol
RY4
Ethyl Maltol

Last edited:
I could make quite a few different recipes from that list but you havent give any details on how your mixing ie. Pg vg ratios. steep times. nic strength. Flavour % so you don really say why ur not satisfied with ur results

Long story short, I've mixed a lot of juices over the past few months with incredibly poor results. If plain old RY4 didn't satisfy me I'd have given up. So, could you please look at this list of concentrates I've just received and tell me a recipe using one or more of them, just flavour percentages, that you KNOW will produce a nice juice. :D

Thanks in advance. All concentrates from TPA:
Pineapple
Coconut
Strawberry (ripe)
Blackcurrant
Mango
Blueberry (wild)
Key Lime
Maraschino cherry
Green apple
Almond amaretto
Dulche de leche
Peppermint
Menthol
RY4
Ethyl Maltol

My style of mixing is slow development.
You like ry4 so I would be looking to add something to ry4 to improve it I would be inclined to try some of the fruit flavours or the almond ameretto.
I would mix a bunch of ry4 because I liked it and small single flavour samples of anything I thought might go.
I would then either make a bunch of different blends, or more likely sit with some drippers and try some drops of ry4 with a drop of pineapple then ry4 with a drop of ameretto etc etc etc
This would move onto some two flavour mixes based on ry4 then more testing by testing this new mix to find the third and fourth flavour etc.
Using this method over the last year or so has lead to a a couple of ever evolving blends that I really like, though I do not do all the drip testing I used to. One mix just generates notes onchanges to the next mix.

My latest eight flavour mix has notes--less pineapple, more baccy, less caribean.But it is still my best mix yet, hopefully till the next one.

You have something you like just try to make that a little better.Then make that a little better.
Only you are going to make the perfect flavour for you.

Have a browse thro' this site:

e-Liquid Calculator

Thanks.

My style of mixing is slow development.
You like ry4 so I would be looking to add something to ry4 to improve it I would be inclined to try some of the fruit flavours or the almond ameretto.
I would mix a bunch of ry4 because I liked it and small single flavour samples of anything I thought might go.
I would then either make a bunch of different blends, or more likely sit with some drippers and try some drops of ry4 with a drop of pineapple then ry4 with a drop of ameretto etc etc etc
This would move onto some two flavour mixes based on ry4 then more testing by testing this new mix to find the third and fourth flavour etc.
Using this method over the last year or so has lead to a a couple of ever evolving blends that I really like, though I do not do all the drip testing I used to. One mix just generates notes onchanges to the next mix.

My latest eight flavour mix has notes--less pineapple, more baccy, less caribean.But it is still my best mix yet, hopefully till the next one.

You have something you like just try to make that a little better.Then make that a little better.
Only you are going to make the perfect flavour for you.

Stellar advice and much appreciated, thank you.

I have started to build on the RY4 with single flavour additions. Menthol proved an instant success, green apple less so but I'm now adding a drop per day of ethyl maltol to that one as it does show some promise. Liking your instant dripper mixes and will definitely be following that advice as a next step.

Thanks.

Stellar advice and much appreciated, thank you.

I have started to build on the RY4 with single flavour additions. Menthol proved an instant success, green apple less so but I'm now adding a drop per day of ethyl maltol to that one as it does show some promise. Liking your instant dripper mixes and will definitely be following that advice as a next step.

Glad you like the ideas, not all developed by me but based on other peoples methods when I first started mixing.
It certainly does work and really it can only result in mixes that get better with time.
Even if you follow someones recipe the method could be used to adjust it to your taste.
Good luck and enjoy your experimenting.

Ry4 and coconut, or pinapple, coconut and cherry, 5% 5% 3% for a Pina colada kinda thing :)

Ry4 and coconut, or pinapple, coconut and cherry, 5% 5% 3% for a Pina colada kinda thing :)

I'll definitely give that a try, thanks. Had a bit of a dripper mixing test session today. Started with RY4 menthol and added a few drops of (a pretty horrid) tropical juice I had made and it was instantly 10 times better. Same with a few others, so my dripper is now my laboratory!

Back
Top Bottom