What's new

Need help coming up with a strong menthol recipe

VioletLily

I bought my first mixing kit from The Alchemist's Cupboard right after Christmas, so needless to say I'm very new at mixing. I'm looking for help to make a 50/50 mix 12mg menthol that is very strong for my husband. It's all he'll vape.

We currently buy our e-liquid from Joose Juice for £18 odd + shipping per 200ml. That's the flavor he prefers, but I don't want to spend that much per month on just his juice.

I did make a menthol liquid from the kit I bought, but it doesn't have very much flavor, and it's definitely not "cold" enough. I used the ejuicemeup calculator. This is what I came up with:

PG: 30 VG: 70
18mg/ml nic shots: 20ml
Target: 12mg
Amount to make: 30ml
Flavor1: Capella Menthol: 5% (1.5ml)

I added a few drops of The Alchemist's Cupboard Menthol Concentrate to the 30ml bottle afterward, but it's still not right. Should I try adding Koolada to the mix?

I bought my first mixing kit from The Alchemist's Cupboard right after Christmas, so needless to say I'm very new at mixing. I'm looking for help to make a 50/50 mix 12mg menthol that is very strong for my husband. It's all he'll vape.

We currently buy our e-liquid from Joose Juice for £18 odd + shipping per 200ml. That's the flavor he prefers, but I don't want to spend that much per month on just his juice.

I did make a menthol liquid from the kit I bought, but it doesn't have very much flavor, and it's definitely not "cold" enough. I used the ejuicemeup calculator. This is what I came up with:

PG: 30 VG: 70
18mg/ml nic shots: 20ml
Target: 12mg
Amount to make: 30ml
Flavor1: Capella Menthol: 5% (1.5ml)

I added a few drops of The Alchemist's Cupboard Menthol Concentrate to the 30ml bottle afterward, but it's still not right. Should I try adding Koolada to the mix?

Just keep adding the Alchemist's Cupboard Menthol Concentrate that you already have, until it blows his head aff..

Here's a mix I make up...adjust to taste, all concentrates are Vapable own-brand.

Mint Ice 100ml 60:40.png

Are you sure the joose menthol is only menthol - no spearmint or peppermint?

Forgot to mention, the calculator I use is on steam-engine :)

You might need to reduce the spearmint and up the menthol if he wants it like JJ. Been a while but iirc they did 3 strengths of liquid and you didn't mention which he likes.

@domejunky I remember having a bottle of their menthol that someone gave me, proper ripped my throat out, unvapable for me, that was their "strong" iteration.

I'm not sure if there's spearmint or peppermint in the JJ menthol tbh. He likes the "strong" menthol.

I suspected you'd say that, my mix just wouldn't give that same vape, too mellow for him. I thought their menthol was just as it sounds, pure menthol that made me choke, lol.

Oh dear! We both find it perfect, if not a tad mellow. :18:

We're "eat 3 Extra Strong Trebor Mints at a time" kind of people, and he eats the halls original throat lozenges like candy.

Back
Top Bottom