What's new

Mixology - Nicotine Advice Required

Mike Greensmith

Postman
Good Afternoon All,

Wishing you all the best of health in the current climate, hope you're all well!

Just after some mixing advice really, as an amateur home mixologist I've been having some success with a few fruity recipes at home (many thanks to the many posts full of tips and helpful guides along the way!).

I'm at a point where I'm happily mixing and steeping a couple of juices at a time, but am now looking to overcome the nic side of things.

I'm typically mixing 250ml of juice at a time and leaving to steep for a minimum of a week (all fruit based). When it comes to go time I'm drawing out 50ml and transferring to a shortfill bottle (1 for me and 1 for my better half!).

We're then adding 1x or 1.5x/2x Ice Nic Nic shots (The missus likes hers a little more heavy duty than me :p) for that sweet sweet nicotine hit.

I started mixing juice to try and help reduce the cost of Eliquid as we've just bought our first house together! :) As such the penny pinching has begun! Needless to say I've begun to thoroughly enjoy mixing it myself.

I guess my question is, is there anyway for me to mix our own Ice Nic to make a saving here? I've been trying to get my hands on the 72mg nicotine but of course the reg's have now changed.

Any advice would be majorly appreciated, I'm just wondering if I can save us a bit more and also do away with having to continually purchase and squeeze those nic nic shots in by either batching it myself or including it in my recipes (I do prefer adding the nictoine after steeping if I can though!).

All the best,

Mike

lets ask our VIP expert :) @StrawberryRipple
advice for Chris on:
72% ice nic
pre mixed nic at 70vg/30pg

Put the ice (ws23 etc) in the recipie its self and leave the nic plain.
One thing to add as i saw this post this morning is I'd add the nic before any steeping as steeping without is not likely to achieve much if anything at all.
Sorry cant help anymore than that as i dont use anything chill or minty except Spearmint or Creme de Menthe.

Hi Mike, I see you have had a pm regarding Nic perhaps so that solves that problem. Some sound advice from @StrawberryRipple . The only thing I would say is def add the Nic Shots to the flavours before you steep. use 100% PG or 100% Vg Nic Shots (as has been said) so the Nic infuses with the flavours. I would then leave my mix to steep and when ready, decant into your 50ml bottle. Then, fill your tank and add the WS23 to the tank This is because some WS23 is so strong, it may ruin your mix if you put too much in. Better to ruin a tank full of juice than a 50ml Bottle of juice. I would start with one single drop and increase drops until you get the ice effect you are looking for. If you count how many drops you put into your 2ml tank full (or larger tank), then next time you make a full mix, you can calculate how many drops to add and put this amount in pre-steep. Hope this makes sense!

Back
Top Bottom