What's new

Mix advice please help!

Michael Pearson

I've been mixing diy for a while and it's been pretty simple using the amazing calculators out there.

But I've come across one that maybe I'm being stupid but I can't quite work it out.

It's a 200ml shortfill 70/30 VG, so they recommend 60ml bottles with 50mg of the mixed base and an 18mg 10ml nic shot for 3mg sub ohm vaping.

I use more MTL devices that work best around 60/40 so want to get that ratio down a bit and get the nicotine to around 10/12mg.

So with 72mg nicotene 100% PG I'm thinking 8-10ml added to the 50ml 70/30 shortfill will get me where I want but struggling to find any resources or ways to be sure.

If anyone can help point me in the right direction it would be massively appreciated.

If 10ml of 18mg makes it 3mg, then 10ml of 72mg will make it 12mg. I say go for it, it should be okay. Not sure what the ratio will be but I bet you don’t notice a difference. :)

If 10ml of 18mg makes it 3mg, then 10ml of 72mg will make it 12mg. I say go for it, it should be okay. Not sure what the ratio will be but I bet you don’t notice a difference. :)

Yeah that's what I thought with the nicotine, it's simple (I think!) , 4 times stronger nic shot makes 4 times stronger nicotine content.

It's mainly the pg vg ratio I'm struggling with, I want to dilute it from 70/30 which 10ml 100% pg will do but I just can't work out by just how much as don't want to steer it too far into pg domination!

Hi - try playing around with this...

https://ecigvape.com/e-liquid-combining-calculator

50ml 70/30 VG/PG with 10ml 72mg Nic ( 100% PG ) gives 60ml at 12mg 42/58 PG/VG

To change the ration any further you would have to add pure PG which would dilute the flavour a little...

40ml 70/30 VG/PG with 10ml 72 Nic and 10ml PG would give 60ml 12mg 53/46 PG/VG

Have a play its very easy to use- just tick the little box to accept T & C's.

Hi - try playing around with this...

https://ecigvape.com/e-liquid-combining-calculator

50ml 70/30 VG/PG with 10ml 72mg Nic ( 100% PG ) gives 60ml at 12mg 42/58 PG/VG

To change the ration any further you would have to add pure PG which would dilute the flavour a little...

40ml 70/30 VG/PG with 10ml 72 Nic and 10ml PG would give 60ml 12mg 53/46 PG/VG

Have a play its very easy to use- just tick the little box to accept T & C's.

That's perfect mate thanks.

Think I'll go for 8.5ml of the nic shot (I've got a 100ml bottle of 72mg and syringes) as that would give me pretty much dead on 60/40 vg/pg and 10.5ml nicotine strength - see how I get on with that.

I have been using the endura t20s for ages with 18w and 0.8 ohm coil but will have the new innokin z-biip for this with 14/16w and the new 0.48 ohm plexus 3d mesh coils so want to keep it fairly balanced leaning slightly towards vg
as even though sub ohm it's low wattage and I'm worried about gunking up the coils (as happens a lot going over 60vg with the endura) so this should be perfect fingers crossed

I'll just whip up the one 60ml batch from the 200ml shortfall to see how it goes on.amd adjust if necessary !

I've been on diy vampire vape heisenberg for so long but a friend introduced me to chicken shop 'totally tropical ting' last week so giving it a try!

Thanks again

Last edited:
Question what ur aim vg pg . Is ur nic vg or pg and percent on favour

Back
Top Bottom